No nails left and pacing the floor!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
orangebear4

No nails left and pacing the floor!

Post by orangebear4 »

Having dropped my DD off at Rochester Grammar this morning, I just thought Id log in to the forum for some emotional support! Is no one else pacing the floor, and looking at their watches every five minutes!
I must say it was bedlam at the school, and trying to park, which doesn't help with the mood of calm and tranquility I was trying to create for her!
Is there anybody else out there! :roll:
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

Hi orange bear, I too am pacing, but it is for results (aaaaaaaaarggggggggghhhhhhhh)! I hope it all went well for your DD and that you and she can have some nice relaxation time this afternoon.
Bougalou
orangebear4

Post by orangebear4 »

Thank you Bougalou - hope you get the result you want. :shock:
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doghouse135

Post by Doghouse135 »

Hi

YES - I am pacing - keep looking at the little schedule and imagining what DS is doing at this precise moment in time.

We got to the school in plenty of time only to find out that the steward had directed us to the wrong registration block :x

Luckily we had so much time, we made our way to the other block and registered in plenty of time. Like you say though, makes the kids more nervous when things happen like that.

I'll be glad when it's all over. My son desperately wants to pass but his practice papers are indicating that it's unlikely. He just didn't seem to be able to get the grasp of the way the questions are worded. When I rephrased them for him, he was fine.

I'm quite happy if he's in the top stream at a non selective but he really wants to go to a GS - Lets hope he's not disappointed
Doghouse135

Post by Doghouse135 »

Eeeeek - only 40 minutes till I can go and get him.

You'd think he'd climbed Mount Everest this morning the way I've been worrying :oops:
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

This all brings back memories: last year I was in the same boat as you!! Feeling exactly the same...
And funny enough I had the same experience as Belinda. My dd came out and said the math paper was the hardest one she had ever seen and was only confident about THREE questions!!
She passed very very comfortably so please do not take much notice of what they say when they come out!!
Keeping my fingers crossed for you all. :)
orangebear4

Post by orangebear4 »

Ok, just five minutes, and I'm off to collect her! Yes, I know I'll be early, but I really can't wait any longer!
Good luck to all who have taken the Medway test today - hopefully I'll see some of you at Rochester Grammar next September! :roll:
Doghouse135

Post by Doghouse135 »

Hooray - he's home

Thought the Maths paper was easy (famous last words) - his story 'sounds' brilliant but he didn't actually write much - I wonder how much of their marking depends on the amount written :? and the VR paper, he had to 'guess' about 20 of the questions.

Oh well - it's done and dusted. Would love to hear how other Medway children found it though :lol:
orangebear4

Post by orangebear4 »

My DD said that the Maths was harder than the Kent test, but she finished and I get the impression it wasn't that bad. The VR was fine, although tight for time, and the writing was quite a good subject and wasn't really any trouble. Good job it's not long to wait for results! :lol:****** (sorry edited by Moderator as contains info useful to out of county applicants)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now