Thursdays Bucks 11+

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ray

Thursdays Bucks 11+

Post by Ray »

My son sat the Bucks 11+ on Thursday and said he found it very hard.
He commented on the Maths questions particularly. He is a bit vague as to the type of question asked and so I was wondering if any one out there has any idea as to what type of math question it/they were.
terri

Post by terri »

my daughter found the paper difficult too. I think the Maths ones were the algebraic types. lets hope they fare better tomorrow!
Mary, Amersham

Bucks 11+

Post by Mary, Amersham »

Out of interest, how was the second paper?

Post by Guest »

My daughter thought todays paper was much easier than last weeks, and finished 15 minutes before time.

Let's hope she's proved right! :lol:
Mary

Bucks 11+

Post by Mary »

Well done! Did she use a tutor or did you coach your own child?
terri

Post by terri »

my daughter found todays paper easier as well and also finished in plenty of time
Mary

bucks 11+ exams

Post by Mary »

If everyone finds it easy the standardised score changes postcode?
terri

Post by terri »

you've lost me. what are you saying?
Mary

Post by Mary »

If everyone finds it easy then they have to raise the bar.

Post by Guest »

I tutored my daughter myself. We started in March once a week, but upped the pace to 30 minutes each weekday for the onth before the exam. I didn't want her intensively coached, but I did want her to be totally familiar with the format.

I bought lots of practice papers, and we went through them. In addition we did crosswords, wordsearches, anagrams, any "wordy" puzzles I could find really.

And lots of work on mental arithmatic.

I think not just using practice papers helped a lot (& made it more interesting for both of us).

But, I guess the proof will be in the pudding! And for that we have to wait until late November. I agree with those below - if too many children found it easy, they will just have to raise the "pass" mark.

Fingers crossed for all of your children,
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now