how good is townley really?????????

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

oz

how good is townley really?????????

Post by oz »

just need a bit of advise from anyone in the know
my DD really wants to go to townley now she is deemed selective
but i been hearing that it is not the top grammar in bexley any more i really want DD to be happy in school but not to be under to much pressure to achive just to get townly looking good in league tables
i am very confused at what is best for her or is it that people are just envious and trying to put me off townley??
can i have youe thoughts on townley please
many thanks
oz
:lol:
Bexley Mum 2

Post by Bexley Mum 2 »

Oz - I don't think there is a "top" grammar in Bexley. I think Chis & Sids, Townley, Beths and Bexley are all equally good in their own ways and any league table differences are fairly insignificant.

If your daughter wants to go to Townley, why not let her? Does she have a good non-selective alternative? You ought to check out your sources - are the comments about pressure at Townley from parents who have children there, or are they the sort of sweeping statements parents who have no first hand experience are so fond of making?!
Bexley

Post by Bexley »

I agree with Bexley Mum 2. Everyone will see something different in each school and I think you really have go with where your child will feel happiest. There will always be some who feel they have made the wrong choice for whatever reason, but they won't really know how they would have got on elsewhere either.
I wouldn't worry about which is the top grammar on paper. These results change and don't reflect how your own child will perform at a given school.

Have you seen all the schools? We found one stood out for us above the others, but others seeing it on the same evening , hearing the same Headteacher's speech etc.,didn't leave with the same opinion...........lucky really or everyone would have the same 1st choice school on their CAF and there would be a lot of unhappy people in March!

Hope she is happy wherever she chooses

Bexley x
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

On viewing Townley, C&S and BGS I was happy with them all.
We live in between Townley and BGS so for travelling purposes we went for these 2 first.
We didn't know which one to put 1st on the CAF so I looked at it the other way -I would be happy for my dd to be at either. Just a selective school would be great!
If your dd wants to do well then she will at any of these schools. :D
Clark69

Post by Clark69 »

It is a very personal decision but here are my thoughts. My DD has just started at TGSG this September. It was her desire throughout the entire process to attend Townley and we were very pleased that she has achieved this. I was concerned as I too had heard many "stories" from other parents about the abundance of homework and subsequent pressure of this. However, to date DD has coped very well with homework, journey, new friends and teachers and has had a very happy and positive first half term. The atmosphere has appeared very caring and I would have no hesitation so far to recommend the school.
I do believe, as previously stated, all of the Grammars in Bexley are of a very high standard and if your child has been graded as being selective and she feels an attraction to a specific school then that should be a good guide.
All the best with your decision.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now