Queen Marys Grammar- Walsall

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

Queen Marys Grammar- Walsall

Post by Guest »

Has any one an idea of the pass mark needed for Queen Marys Grammar school for Boys?

Post by Guest »

Hi - just wondered if any one has received details of exam place and time for this yet?
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Hi,

Can anyone whose son sat for Queen Mary's last year provide any info about the level of the exam, or any other hints?

We are thinking of putting my son in for it this year.

Thanks

Dawn

Post by Guest »

Hi Dawn,

My son sat and has been offered a place to start September 2007.
The exam was set by NFER Nelson and was typical of the questions as seen in their practise papers. The main difference was the amount of questions to be done in a short space of time.

80 questions for Verbal Reasoning
75 questions for Non Verbal Reasing

As far as I am aware - not many manged to complete the test (including my son), but what he completed - 74 in the verbal and got 74 correct. I hope this is of some help.

CLP
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Thanks CLP,

I am always worried about the timing! It is good to hear that it is not unusual to not finish the paper!

Thanks again and I hope you son enjoys his new school.

Dawn

Post by Guest »

Dawn,

do not worry to much about timing - I am sure it is designed not to be finished as it spreads the scores in a more healthy way than for example Bishop Vesey where the scores are clumped together. My son is not always the quickest but he manged to finish as much as he could because he skipped the questions with codes - which are the biggest time takers.

Just a quick note as well - this year the first round of offers went up to position 176 - not sure abut the reserve list.

Good luck for your son and hooray - someone is using the Walsall section!

CLP

Post by Guest »

Thank god something has been posted under Walsall.

Zahir
karan

hey dawn

Post by karan »

hi dawn i am in yr 7 & the test i would say is pretty easy compared to other grammar schools....i practiced a-lot by revising with n-fer nelson papers....these r the best & closest 2 the tests paper as the producers of the papers also produce the qm test paper...best of luck ....(".)
Dawn

Post by Dawn »

Thanks Karan. I hope you are enjoying it at Queen Mary's.

Dawn
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now