BSG

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
H

BSG

Post by H »

Hi,

Anyone taking the BSG test this year? Any idea what the pass mark usually is??
WFW1112

Post by WFW1112 »

My son is going to take BS exam this year, not sure what's the pass mark, on open day the head just said that they will take top 150 students, no fix pass mark. I assume this depends on candidates' level each year. I just tell my son try to score above 90% for the practice papers, but he usually scores between 88%-92% at the moment. It seems to be very quiet in Dorset region, but as far as I know the compitition is quite tough, don't know where has everybody gone?!
H

Post by H »

Wow! That's two of us now from Bournemouth! Those scores sound pretty good to me. My daughter gets similar on the IPS and we are now just starting the Nfers. VR was good but English not so. I think that is par for the course though - her English is usually quite strong at school. DS passed the BS tests a couple of years back but I'm guessing DD will need to score a little higher for BSG, girls being a little smarter than boys and all that, LOL.
WFW1112

Post by WFW1112 »

Last night my son did one Nfer English paper, but only got 84%, and VR was 92%, apart Nfer, he also does some Bond's English and Maths test papers, Susan J. Daughtrey's VR and also the Tutor's CD for VR and Maths. He always make some silly mistakes, this is my biggest worry. Has your daughter got a tutor? We haven't, hope this doesn't make any difference.

Is Dorset people very shy? Come on, we need more people to come out! If we are the only people to take the exam, perhaps we no need even do any revision, and will get in definitely, hah,hah...
H

Post by H »

Daughter doens't have a tutor, neither did son. They've both been happy to just practise with me a home using resources from sites such as this one. Hope it doesn't make much difference - will find out I guess!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now