Urgent :Information on parmiter bus routes

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hertsmum

Urgent :Information on parmiter bus routes

Post by hertsmum »

Hi

I am trying to find about the bus routes to Parmiters which the school runs. I would be coming from Rickmansworth side. I asked the school and they were unable to send me any details.

Any info would be appreciated. I am trying to work out the feasibility of putting Parmiters in my school list - Trying to work out how much time my DS would spend commuting.

Thanks
hertsmum
watmum

Post by watmum »

try Mullany's Coaches on 01923 279991

This was posted on another thread on the same subject by "Sressed but survivor", just in case you did not see it. Have you tried calling them?

Sorry unable to help further, my kids walk...
Chambod

Post by Chambod »

I have managed to find our list of bus routes which includes my DD's route. There may have been another sheet attached, so I am not sure if it is the entire list:
PS1: Hemel Hempstead, PS2 Shenley PS3 St Albans, PS4 Carpenters Park, PS5 Harrow, PS6 Radlett, PS7 Bushey Herne.
If you would like me to list all the stops for a particular route above, let me know.
hertsmum

Post by hertsmum »

Hi

Thanks for the replies. I spoke to Mullany's coaches and the nearest stop they have to rickamansworth is the Watford town hall stop.
I think I may have to look to public buses and trains to get DS to watford and then onto the school bus.
Chambod, if you could give me details of the PS1: hemel hempstead route that would be great. I may be able to take him to hemel.

Thanks again
Hertsmum
hertsmum

Post by hertsmum »

Hi

Thanks for the replies. I spoke to Mullany's coaches and the nearest stop they have to rickamansworth is the Watford town hall stop.
I think I may have to look to public buses and trains to get DS to watford and then onto the school bus.
Chambod, if you could give me details of the PS1: hemel hempstead route that would be great. I may be able to take him to hemel.

Thanks again
Hertsmum
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

PS1 details
Hemel Train Station 7:35am
Hemel Midland Hill 7:45am
Hemele Adeyfield Road 7:50am
Leverstock Green (shopping centre) 7:55am
Pimlico 7:58am
Bedmond High St 8am
Abbots Langley (Tibbs Hill Rd/Summerhouse Way) 8:05am
Parmiters 8:25am

The bus back leaves school at 15:30 and gets to Hemel train at 16:20
WP

Post by WP »

hertsmum wrote:Thanks for the replies. I spoke to Mullany's coaches and the nearest stop they have to rickamansworth is the Watford town hall stop.
Bus 724 runs hourly, and takes about 40-45 mins from Rickmansworth to Garston: see www.intalink.org.uk
Sressed but survivor

Post by Sressed but survivor »

Just please bear in mind that a Year 7 DS/DD will get very tired. Having to leave home early and get home late, whilst I thought when filling in the forms would be a sacrifice worth paying for getting into a good school, has got some very big downsides. Such as not being easily able to participate in after school activities. Such as just being exhausted - which my DS son is and he just has to leave home at 7.45 for a 10 minute walk to the bus stop.