Just typical...

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
KES Parent

Post by KES Parent »

Ed's mum wrote:Yes, I gathered that you were a bit stressed!
Thank you, he seems completely recovered. It has been a great excuse for the children and I to keep our pyjamas on all day and slob out.
I think maybe you can look on the bright side as he has recovered so quickly and assume it was food poisoning (ie nothing you are likely to catch.)
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

We ate lunch in a well known McBurger chain yesterday and he also had a cake from a bakery. I wonder if he had just had too much rubbish. His body doesn't tolerate lots of junk food.
My husband has Crohn's disease and I always worry that it may be the onset of that too.
KES Parent

Post by KES Parent »

Ed's mum wrote:We ate lunch in a well known McBurger chain yesterday and he also had a cake from a bakery. I wonder if he had just had too much rubbish. His body doesn't tolerate lots of junk food.
My husband has Crohn's disease and I always worry that it may be the onset of that too.
I think Crohn's would be more likely to manifest itself at the other end of the digestive tract, from what I've heard from people who have it. I'm sure you are probably right about the McBurger and the cake though (was it from G****s??) Just the thought of that would be enough to finish me off. Anyway thank goodness he has recovered quickly.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I cannot remember where the cake was from, may well have been that place though!!
Actually, his symptoms were very Crohn's like. Unfortunately we have a lot of experience with this disease. It also runs in my husband's side of the family. Hopefully it isn't that though.
zorro

Post by zorro »

Dear Ed's mum,
Hope you have a good half term, Ds has a 2 week one so we are now entering the second week. We have entertained 3 of Ds' friends from new school and 2 of his old friends from primary school so far!
Has Ed been exhausted ? My DS Alex has been what with a very long school day and lots of prep.I think he is finally turning the corner but it hasn't been easy.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Hi Zorro!
Ed has been utterly shattered, to be honest with you. The effect it has had on the rest of the family is not to be underestimated either. The first few weeks left us no family time at all. It's difficult to explain why this is the case, but we have lived and breathed his school since his first day. I'm not complaining though, we love the school!!
He is well again now and enjoying the much-needed break. Unfortunately, I am back to school tomorrow as my half term
was this week. :(
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Poor Ed, mum and co... winter term is always the worst, spring is very short :D , summer very long but lovely and less stressful. Living and breathing school - anyone want to take a bet on how long it will be until Master Ed is boarding? :wink: Seriously, if he's not boarding by Year 12 then you're a stronger more patient mother than me. :P
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Boarding? When we live just over 10 miles away?? I don't think - even if they had a place for him - that we could justify that!!!
Also, it costs oodles and I am sure they won't want to throw any more money our way...
What is more likely to happen is that we shall move closer to Rugby. We have to if we want to give our daughter a chance of a place at the grammar school as they don't end up taking anyone who is out of catchment.
Nice thought though Tipsy!