Changing to another non selective school?

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
lacey

Changing to another non selective school?

Post by lacey »

We live in Medway and my son who is in year 9 and will be selecting his subjects beginning of next year. We would like to change schools before he has picked his subjects.

Well the question being has anyone changed their child from one school to another. How easy is it?

I have the form to fill in to say what are our reasons. Well we haven't been happy with my sons school for a long time. I see from the form I have to see a year head teacher to talk to them about it. What if they disagree, what if the other school is full? Will this meeting be for nothing? could anyone tell me whether they have gone through this and how long did it take and at the end of it were they happy?
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

Hi there

I don't have personal experience of changing schools, however, a friend of mine switched her DS from one comprehensive to another. As far as I am aware she approached the new school to ascertain whether they would have space and would accept her DS and went from there. She said the process was quite easy. I believe her DS was in year 8 or 9.

Hopefully more advice will be forthcoming shortly from other posters...

B
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
mike1880

Post by mike1880 »

We moved ours in infatnt school but the process was the same - talk to the head of the school you want to move them into to make sure there are places, fill in the form and that's more or less it. Don't assume it will be easy on your son or solve all his problems though, it may be very tough for him no matter how bad things are where he is now.

Mike
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now