Rugby School on TV

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
T.i.p.s.y

Rugby School on TV

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Prescott is filmed in a documentary at Rugby School on 3rd November. I wonder what he's got to say and if he'll be able to remove that massive chip from his shoulder? :roll: Can't wait to see how great the school looks. :)
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I imagine that the Rugby bit will be fairly small, just a section. Many other independents wouldn't let him through the doors but Patrick Derham came from humble beginnings and gained a scholarship (and maybe a bursary) to achieve what he did. That's why Ed getting the Head Master's bursary was such an achievement, because we know that Mr Derham understands just what an opportunity he is giving him.
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I didn't realise he got the Headmasters bursary!!! What an amazing achievement. I understand many schools not wishing to open themselves to negative publicity because these docs are so biased :wink: but Rugby is one of the most generous schools in the country, bursary wise, so if anything negative is said its down to typical uneducated opinion and the docs agenda. :roll:
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

We shall see...there is so much politics involved in how people view selective and/or private education. You can pretty much gauge someone's personal politics based upon how they educate their children, with exceptions of course. I suppose some people choose a path despite their personal views based upon circumstances.
What a lot of waffle...I hope you see what I mean. It's been a hard week!!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Well you are clearly with the GREEN PARTY! :lol:
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

:mrgreen: What makes you think that??
:twisted: You might be surprised!!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

I've been the three primary colours at varying times - I wonder what colour I could be now! :lol: I think everyone would love to be green but we're all too selfish.

I think a banner is in order!

Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

What are you like???
Remove the banner!!!
:mrgreen:
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Excellent article about tonights doc

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/commen ... 067712.ece
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Rugby school on TV again today - Blue Peter. Shall we owe this to Master Ed raising standards here? 8)

Edit: Not that I think standards need raising! :oops: