It's results day! Where is everybody?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

orangebear4

It's results day! Where is everybody?

Post by orangebear4 »

You've all been very quiet on the Medway forum, so as its results day I thought I'd better start a new thread!
My postman didn't come til 1 o clock yesterday, so I'm not holding my breath at the moment. Not sure I would know a good mark if I saw it in the Medway test as I am used to the Kent testing system. Do they tell you in the letter what score your child got? What constitutes a high score? Still not sure where my DD is going, and the CAF forms are due in by the 7th in Kent! Ah well, my DD is fine about it all - a new computer game is keeping her very well occupied.
Good luck to all your DC's - please post news on here, its beginning to feel lonely! :roll:
Doghouse135

Post by Doghouse135 »

I'm here - My DS had a friend over last night for a sleepover so he's completely forgotten that it's results day :shock:

Don't know what a 'pass' score would look like but if I remember rightly, the Medway letters have all the scores listed in them, unlike the Kent tests.

My postman doesn't normally come till after 11 so I'll just have to keep myself busy till then.

Good luck everyone
superMonkey

Post by superMonkey »

I'm up and my DS is quite excited! Post not here yet.

A bit of a veteran to this as last year it was DS1.

Ok - Medway total scores will range from 350 to 700. Last year the pass mark was 525.

Each of English, Maths and VR are given a standardised score between 70 and 140. To get the total score, the score for English and Maths are doubled and then they are added together with the VR score.

The letter last year gave an example of the calculation, each individual score and the total score achieved.
It's tricky to find the all important info at first glance! :?

OOh - friend just phoned pass mark is 526 this year.

Monkey
Doghouse135

Post by Doghouse135 »

Aaaah - postman has just gone up the other side of the street. I can't accost him as DS's results will be in his next bag that he has to pick up from the corner shop - Eeeek :wink:
orangebear4

Post by orangebear4 »

Thanks superMonkey, thats a bit clearer now. If the pass mark is 526, does that not mean that equates to 105 in each paper (x2 In Maths and Writing)? If so, that seems much lower than the Kent tests, where the pass mark was 114 in each paper, and overall score of 360. Is the marking much harsher, or do they not operate the system of stopping marking when they get to a Kent mark of 140? :?:
orangebear4

Post by orangebear4 »

Ok, postman's arrived!
My DD scored 651.
VR 137, Maths 133, Ex Writing 124. However, the extended writing mark seems rather low for her. If the pass rate is 526, I take it this is quite good? It took me a while of reading the letter to ascertain if she had 'been found suitable for grammar school education' or not! :o
superMonkey

Post by superMonkey »

I'm not sure. I do know that it is VERY rare to get 700 points. The highest at DS1's school last year was 645. I only personally know of 1 person who has achieved 700 and I work in school system.
I think the marking probably is harsher although couldn't swear to it.

Still waiting for postie :shock:

Monkey
superMonkey

Post by superMonkey »

Congratulations orangebear's dd! :D

A VERY good score!
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Belinda

Post by Belinda »

Last edited by Belinda on Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.