is it possible for someone to get a copy of the 11+ exams?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

namam

is it possible for someone to get a copy of the 11+ exams?

Post by namam »

I have a concern. In the recent Bucks 11+ tests one of my childs class friend mentioned that the tuition centre they attend gave them the exact same paper for their mock exam and of those children that I know of who attend the same tuition centre finished 10 -15 minutes early. I shrugged this off as a silly comment. However recently the same centre gave their children the mock exam for the slough 11+ and after the tests had been administered they mislayed one paper. They then phoned parents in a state of concern that one of the papers had been taken after the test. However they managed to find the paper and informed the parents. This concern at losing one mock paper out of hundreds just seems very suspicious.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I think a phone call to Bucks admissions - albeit anonymous - should name this centre so it can be checked.
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

Are you sure you don't mean they completed the practice tests all the children sit - Test A, then Test 1 then Test 2 a few weeks/days prior to the real tests????

The children in Bucks are given the same practice tests every year - it is perfectly ok for tutors or parents to retain these tests when they are sent home with siblings and use them again.

Ambridge
namam

Post by namam »

I am aware of Bucks Familiarisation test, Test A, Test 1 and Test 2. The comment was made about this years 11+ entrance exam for Bucks because my child took the test this year with these children.
KES Parent

Post by KES Parent »

namam wrote:I am aware of Bucks Familiarisation test, Test A, Test 1 and Test 2. The comment was made about this years 11+ entrance exam for Bucks because my child took the test this year with these children.
It might be a good idea for you to report this to someone. There have been instances in some parts of the country where people running tutoring establishments have had a relative who has had access to the real 11+ papers. This is especially likely in areas where papers are used more than once - I think something similar happened in Warwickshire one year, although things have been tightened up now I believe. If this is what has happened the sooner it is dealt with the better.
resh

11+ paper

Post by resh »

You need to report it to Bucks as it is not fair for all the children
Bucks mum of 2

Post by Bucks mum of 2 »

Hi - you really do need to report this. This could have an impact on a lot of kids qualificatons. For all you know the council may have had other similar reports......
I would have thought it would be quite easy for them to investigate too. There is always a chance that someone may try to cheat the system especially if there would be a financial gain in it for them. I'm sure most parentss who pay for tutoring look at the tutors previous ' results' When I worked at the council the Admissions team were really determined that the whole process was open, honest and fair to everyone and I'm sure that they would take this report seriously.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now