Old NFER and new GL Assessment question packs

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Gilly

Old NFER and new GL Assessment question packs

Post by Gilly »

I have the old NFER test papers bought some 3 years ago. Recently I noticed that the GL Assessments questions are in a different colourful packs.

Are the contents still the same? Or have they revised their questions and added new ones in the GL labelled packs?

Please can someone clarify this?

Gilly
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Torrylee

Post by Torrylee »

Hi Gilly

I can't give you a definite answer but this might help. I had a look at the GL labelled VR papers on their website and the cover (with the giraffes!) is almost identical to the NFER/Letts papers that I bought earlier this year (from this site of course!), except for the purple band at the bottom ... where I think it now says GL Assessment.

My NFER/Letts papers are identical to the NFER papers that I bought 3 years ago for DS, except that DS had multi-choice and DD has standard version (the questions are the same).

To be absolutely sure you will have to wait to hear from someone with a GL labelled pack but I suspect that the papers haven't changed ...
Gilly

Post by Gilly »

Thanks Glos_Mum and Torrylee.

I also think that they are the same. Anyway, I will make a visit to WH Smith again in the next couple of days with the ISBN details and will have a proper check.

Gilly
partygirl

Post by partygirl »

Gilly wrote:Thanks Glos_Mum and Torrylee.

I also think that they are the same. Anyway, I will make a visit to WH Smith again in the next couple of days with the ISBN details and will have a proper check.

Gilly
Hi Gilly,

I phoned Letts and they confirmed that the questions had not changed since I purchased the papers in 2002 when my son took his grammar school exams.

Hope this helps

Partgirl
Gilly

Post by Gilly »

Hi partygirl,

Thank you so much for the important information.

Gilly
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now