IPS NVR

Advice on 11 Plus NVR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now

IPS NVR

Post by Guest »

Lots of comments generally in praise of IPS VR which I've used and think are very good indeed, but very little either way on the NVR papers they produce. Does anyone have any comments on how good they are as practice for NFER-type exams.

I looked at the free download on their website and was a little underwhelmed, to be honest. Some of the questions seemed a little tenuous. Also, they suggest 30 mins for a 35 qn test - a tad on the generous side for NFER!

Looking for good proxies for NFER standard and type. Already have AFN and Bond practice papers.

Any comments gratefully received.
kxangel

Post by kxangel »

Speaking to a Tutor today, who confirmed to me that afn & the secondary sachool selection papers are easier than nfer. I have started with AFN & secondary selection papers, am we are prgressing to NFRN. Hope this helps
Herts Parent

Post by Herts Parent »

The IPS papers in verbal reasoning are of a very high standard. However their non-verbal reasoning set have a hatful of obvious errors in my opinion. I would stick with the Secondary School Selection series by Athey.
RR

Post by RR »

Yes, agree with Herts parent. Have only done 1st and have found errors in possible answer choices, and would also suggest a few of thier answers could be argued!! Very disconcerting for children, especially if they are just starting out.

Else, IPS papers have mostly similar question types to NFER, but are not broken down into mini 12 question type tests, just 35 questions in 30mins.

HTH

RR
Isabella

Post by Isabella »

The ePaper section has NVR papers very close to the NFERs under the name of Eleven Plus Exams.

Another parent has also recommended the Learning Together ePapers (new I think) on another thread.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now