A couple of silly questions for the day...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Red

A couple of silly questions for the day...

Post by Red »

:oops: A couple of silly questions:
The test is on Saturday, are the children expected to wear school uniform...?
Is DD supposed to have a unique reference number (pupil and/or school) to take with her or is this supplied on the day?
Many thanks in advance
Red
Jimi

Post by Jimi »

I can only talk of Pates where school uniform is not required.
We have recieved a coloured card with a number on it, this was with the letter confirming entry.
I presume this number refers to a classroom. The colour refers to where you pick child up from I think. You show this card at the gate when you drop off.
Red

Post by Red »

Thanks for that.

We also just have a card with a number on it but wondered if we had missed a piece of official correspondence with an LA pupil number on it.

Red
proud mum x2

Post by proud mum x2 »

Hi the card is given at the door and you will met by some lovely Y7's who will take the children in.(one of them is my DD!)

Please don't worry, the school is very practised at trying to make the the day as painless as possible. It will be very well organised and the children will be looked after very well.

Good luck to them all xx
silverflora

Here's another silly question......

Post by silverflora »

DD has been told at school that she cannot write on the test paper - a bit disconcerting as she has always done all her practice tests like that.

I can't see why they can't write on the question paper - or indeed, how it would be checked. Would anyone be penalised for it? It seems absurd that anyone clever enough to get 100% ( I wish!!) on the paper would be refused a place because of writing on the test paper!

Does anyone have any views?

Thank you
ziggy13

Post by ziggy13 »

Ive heard this one before and I think it's - well - pants really! Firstly, how on earth would they know which child it belongs to? Do they get them to put their names on them? And secondly, if they were refused a place at the school because they had written/drawn circles around numbers etc on the question paper, I'm sure that would be an awful lot of appeals!
I do have to say though, I don't know the facts - these are only my own views. Does anyone out there know of this actually happening?
Jimi

Post by Jimi »

Have to agree, it is unfortunate they can't note on the question paper but that is probably because I think it's easier for mine to do it that way.

Perhaps there's the reason, it makes it harder?

Or maybe they hope to use them again in a school as prep?
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
ziggy13

Post by ziggy13 »

Having read Glos-mums link on making notes, it seems that Denmark & Tommies did indeed insist on no marking the question papers so that they could recycle them in later years. But surely that won't apply anymore as EVERY child will be sitting EXACTLY the same test.
I am certainly not going to stress about this one. The children will be told what to do on the day and I guess we have to trust them to follow the instructions - they should be able to do this if we think they will thrive in a Grammar school! :?
Red

Post by Red »

Thanks for your responses.

I want to be cool and confident for my DD tomorrow and am anticipating questions so thanks for your help and reassurance.

Good luck to all.

Red