help!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
dayn

help!

Post by dayn »

Does anybody know roughly how many questions you would be able to leave out and still get a pass?

We are going for Ribston, May birthday.

Thanks, Dayn.
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

That question would be impossible to answer as it would depend on several factors such as whether the questions that your DS did manage to answer were correct, and indeed how well the cohort performed on the day. The test is not designed to be easy and if your DD found it difficult then rest assured so did the others regardless of what they say! My DS came out claiming it was easy...but he only just managed to scrape a pass.

Try not to worry, I have read on here before that children have left out lots of questions, one even a whole page, and still managed to pass.

The very best of luck to your DD - Ribston is a great school - I should know as I went there albeit 25 years ago lol!
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
dayn

Post by dayn »

Thanks Burneth

I understand what you are saying, just trying to get a rough idea. It seems like she missed about 7 questions on each paper, but she cant remember. Very hard to get info out of her, but she did say it was harder than she thought it would be.

A long two weeks ahead!
Burneth

Post by Burneth »

I went through exactly the same last year, and as I said on the other post, I found it impossible to get any information from my DS after the test, despite my pestering! Personally, 7 questions missed out of 85 and 80 respectively sounds ok to me but I am no expert! Was she accurate in her practice papers as if that's the case then a raw score in the middle 70s would be fine I am sure!

It's going to be a long two weeks - hold on to the thought that other children would have missed out questions also.

B
x
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;51;459/st/20080902/e/DS%27s+1st+day+at+senior/k/f5bf/event.png[/img]

PS I am Burneth and I am a lady....!
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Take a deep breath, I am sure there will be a lot out there who missed out more :wink:
Last edited by Glos_Mum on Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Glos_Mum wrote:Did your DD totally miss them out or just guess them? Of course it does totally depend on how accurate the other answers are, but 7 on each paper really does not seem to be something to be overly concerned about, if your DD's accuracy is otherwise good.
Mine guessed the last 5 (ie, filled in the third box on each) - at least there's a chance of picking up points that way.

One of her friends had made a note of 11 questions on the 2nd paper that she couldn't answer, then went back and looked at them at the end. Still couldn't do them, but forgot to fill in a guess. Still, I'd be surprised if she didn't pass.

I'm sure there are children who will get 99% correct - I wouldn't be surprised if another school friend did so (she got 95% on the first of 4 practice papers, no tutoring at all) - but she is exceptionally bright, not just bright or very bright.

I've read here before about children passing who have missed out whole sections (and no doubt made other ordinary mistakes) - and still got in - so don't worry - relax and hopefully it will all work out.

Now I'm going to go off and bite my nails for the next 2 weeks.
Capers
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

capers123 wrote:
Now I'm going to go off and bite my nails for the next 2 weeks.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now