Poll:

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Do you think that:

This policy is fine on a whole and doesn’t need to be changed.
14%
Education authorities should give genuine support towards the preparation (for example clearly advise on what material to use, what level to aim for in the area, encourage after school clubs)
55%
Make preparation/coaching illegal
5%
Go back to a curriculum based exam.
23%
Other (explain)
5%

Total votes: 22

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Catherine

Poll:

Post by Catherine »

Starting a poll seemed fun so I thought that I would have a go. :D

Here we are (it's not as easy as it seems):

Most secondary school selection exams are based or include verbal or non-verbal reasoning tests.
In general, education authorities distance themselves from any type of preparation for these tests, with the result of children being given variable amount of practice ranging from a few years to a few days.

Post by Guest »

Nice idea Catherine but how does it work?
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

I get the poll option when I start a new thread. It is possible that you only have it if you are a registered user.

Post by Guest »

Thats a shame. I tried clicking on everything that looked like it could be clicked on your poll but nothing worked. It would be a shame if only registered users could vote.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Guest

Why don't you register, you do not have to use a real name [ I do not ], it's easy and you do not have to give too many personal details and they do not have to be on public view, there are various options.

Just click on register, bottom of the page.

Patricia

Post by Guest »

Thank you guest AKA Patricia. I'll give it a go
Bo Peep

Post by Bo Peep »

I couldn't vote as a guest, but I registered and logged on, and have been able to participate in the poll. Great idea!
loulou

Post by loulou »

Worked for me too. You would think I didn't have anything better to do on a Sunday morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guest2000

Post by Guest2000 »

Hi Catherine,

Good idea but I would gladly put money on which option ends up with the most votes. Keeping it under my hat for the time being as I wouldn't want to influence the outcome... :wink:
Guest2000

Post by Guest2000 »

p.s. - have to add that I think option 3 is unworkable unless you live in a police state...(although to hear some people's opinions on this subject you'd think we already did! :shock: )
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now