which mock papers for verbal reasoning?

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
hoop-jumper

which mock papers for verbal reasoning?

Post by hoop-jumper »

Hi,
I am currently preparing my daughter for the 11 plus (not sure if I agreee with grammer schools... but if its a better school.....).

My question is regarding the quality of the mock papers, and which publisher can be relied upon to deliver a decent paper that matches difficulty, content and presentation with the *real* papers (as used in Essex). As expected CSSE do not offer any opinion, so which publisher? (NFER, AFN, Athey etc). Any other comments?
Radha

Post by Radha »

If you have a look on the 'shop' page off this site, there is a list of the top ranked papers (in order of sales) which have been bought by other parents; helpful if you don't know where to start.

It also depends on which exam board is setting the exam for your school. If it is NFER, then the closest would be either NFER papers themselves, although IPS, Learning Together and AFN are also excellent for preperation.

If the board is Bond, then working through their extensive range of books would prove most worthwhile.

Go to the school to find out the subject paper (maths, English, verbal and non-verbal reasoning) which your child will be sitting, and then find out which format it will be (multiple choice or standard format).
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now