Help

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ttmum

Help

Post by ttmum »

Can someone please tell me what type question this is. It's on the sample given by the consortium for verbal reasoning.

The words below can be connected by writing in the brackets a word which rhymes with the word in capitals on the left:

GRACE dogs (.......................) rabbits

Solution (chase). The word chase rhymes with grace, and dogs chase rabbits.

Thanks
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Hi ttmum

This isnt one of the "21 types".

Is your area's exam written by NFER?
ttmum

Post by ttmum »

I am all nerves now, and confused. I am in the Herts area but read somewhere that it is best to use different books as no one can confirm if NFER is used to set the VR tests, as this is subject to change.
WP

Post by WP »

ttmum wrote:I am all nerves now, and confused. I am in the Herts area but read somewhere that it is best to use different books as no one can confirm if NFER is used to set the VR tests, as this is subject to change.
The VR has been Moray House for the last 3 years (NFER before that). Personally I think they'd be taking a risk if they stick with Moray House, but maybe they will. I'm not sure that the small number of examples they send out are a good indication of anything; I don't know if they've changed them in the last 10 years.

Post by 40 »

Dear ttmum

I dont know what will be used this year but alot of my friends have used bond and there are also e-papers that you can download from this site ( I think they are called mw?) I havnt used them yet but was planning on trying them this weekend as they have 100 questions in standard form

I know its impossible but please try not to worry, many of us are in the dark as to what is in the test but children often cope much better than us adults!

best of luck

blanca
sj355

Re: Help

Post by sj355 »

ttmum wrote:Can someone please tell me what type question this is. It's on the sample given by the consortium for verbal reasoning.

The words below can be connected by writing in the brackets a word which rhymes with the word in capitals on the left:

Thanks
Strangely my answer would have been race here. Would I get any points?
sj355
David Beckham

Re: Help

Post by David Beckham »

sj355 wrote:
ttmum wrote:Can someone please tell me what type question this is. It's on the sample given by the consortium for verbal reasoning.

Thanks
Strangely my answer would have been race here. Would I get any points?
in the real world, real dogs don't race real rabbits, so you would not have got any points. I agree, it's a strange answer.

I don't know anything about Herts papers/question type; it just seems a good question to get the brain working.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now