how do tests compare?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

how do tests compare?

Post by 40 »

Does anyone know how herts test compares in difficulty to bucks test? I know they are very different in as much as buck is multiple choice verbal and herts is standard form vr and maths, but I dont know any more than that. As many of you know DD sat bucks & will sit herts next week, we havnt reallyh practicedbut now I'm thinking maybe we should have. We did nfr maths paper and only got 60%!!

many thanks for any help

blanca
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

Hi Blanca

I can't comment on the level of difficultcy of the Bucks exams as we are only doing Herts exams. I believe the Herts Maths paper only covers KS2 Maths and is easier than the 11+ test papers as these tend to contain a lot more advanced maths.

For the Watford consortium exams my son's school (and others I have spoken to) has said that in the past students who had been consistently achieving 90% plus in practice papers usually attained a place at one of the schools. There's an excellent sticky on the Herts forum showing the minimum scores needed to attain a place at the various schools. To summarise in order of marks from highest to lowest, Parmiters, Watford Grammars, Ricky and Queens. Sorry don't know about St Clement Danes and Bushey Meads bands so there's no minimum score.

Obviously it all boils down to how everyone does on the day and whether the questions play to their strengths or weaknesses.

Good luck
Alison

Post by 40 »

Dear Alison R

Thank you so much for all that information. It is very much appreciated and has put my mind at rest re the maths!

Best of luck to your son for next week

blanca