Reading Boys and Kendrick exams 2008

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Kendrick mum

Reading Boys and Kendrick exams 2008

Post by Kendrick mum »

Hi

I would just like to wish GOOD LUCK to all the children and their parents esp BW/DS2 sitting the Reading Exams this week. Having gone through the same process last year I know what you are all going through. The countdown to the exams and then the never ending wait for the result but you will get through it. There is life after 11plus! :)

Best Wishes and Good luck

KM
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Good luck, for all those sitting the exams at Kendrick and Reading.

Try to be positive whatever happens.

Be proud of them for trying and all the preparation they may or may not have done, us parents always think we could have done more. :)

Be very happy Friday afternoon when it is all over.

Weather forecast looks cold and bright a lovely autumn day. :lol:

steve
ks

Post by ks »

Many thanks Steve & KM ... and good luck to all the others doing Kendrick or Reading on Friday.

A nice autumn day would be great ... but it does seem a long time until March.
bessie

Post by bessie »

Good luck everyone for friday. Just one tip for the Reading exam: by 8.10am last year the queue of cars up the main drive was at a standstill. Good idea to arrive earlier or park elsewhere.
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Thanks KM, Sir Steve and Bessie (good advise)

Good Luck KS, and any other fellow sufferers. By Friday afternoon it will all be over, except that's when we begin that looooooooooong wait :cry:

DS2 came home today and when I asked if he had H/W he said yes. It took him the best part of an hour to finish it, so no chance to revise tonight :(
Whilst chatting with him after, he said it didn't have to be in until nest Monday.:shock:
Do you ever get the feeling that things are conspiring against you :roll:
Kusum

Post by Kusum »

Thanks everyone. All the best to everyone for the big one. Looking at my son one would think the exams were a month away :roll: No practice for him as well today as he's going for a football tournament.
Torrylee

Reading/Kendrick

Post by Torrylee »

And good luck from me to all you fellow Kendrick test-takers, and to those of you who will be just down the road at the boys' school.

I am so looking forward to waking up and finding that it is Saturday!
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Well he's sat there now, hopefully concentrating on the task at hand.

Was extremely nervous this morning. Kept asking 'what if I don't pass' :roll: which has now made me very nervous too.

My stomach hasn't stopped churning. Doesn't get any easier second time round. (except for parking, luckily knew where to look, and there was one spare spot left :) )

GOOD LUCK to all the boys and girls doing their 11+ exams today!!!!

:D

BW
chad

Post by chad »

Good luck........ from the other end of Berkshire. :)
Torrylee

Kendrick/Reading

Post by Torrylee »

It's over - hooray!

I know we can't post much information until after the late sitters have taken their tests (January?) but hope your DCs survived the process and are now enjoying a well earned rest.

Will post more info about the Kendrick test once it is safe to do so!

In DD's exam room one girl started crying at the start of the VR ... I do feel for these girls (and their parents), it's a tough process.

Over in the Bucks forum they are getting their results today - it's a long, long time until March ... but we intend to forget all about it for the time being.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now