Am I in the right forum for this question?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Susan

Am I in the right forum for this question?

Post by Susan »

I have a v bright DS, in Year 5 of a state primary school. He has been assessed by an educational psychologist with dysgraphia and dyslexia. This makes for an interesting life!

Our local state secondary school is improving but only just getting 40% A-C GCSE, and is due to become an academy with a Swedish provider.

We are considering an independent secondary school, one of which has scholarship exams early next year.

My first question is - which Forum is the most appropriate one to post in for general advice about how to get started, work out what we could be doing, which materials might assist us? I was going to post in the Independent forum but it says its for Common Entrance, and the topics don't seem to be about preparing a child for these exams.

Any ideas?

Kind regards
Susan
Charlotte67

Post by Charlotte67 »

Susan, I think the Independent Forum would be the right place for your question. I have often seen questions there relating to entry at 11+.

It would be helpful to know which school/s and/or what kind of entrance exam/s they use.

Regards,

Charlotte
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

You might also consider the SEN and the 11+ section. Either would be useful to you.
Ambridge

Post by Ambridge »

I would also suggest, just for your initial 'starter for 10' question that you perhaps post it on the SEN and the Independent section and see where you get the best response.

Once someone gets back to you with good information the Moderators will always combine the two threads so you do not appear everywhere!

Also, once you have some answers, pop into the appropriate 11+ region in case the school in question has been mentioned generally over the months - someone always seems to know something or someone who can help! :lol:

Good luck

Ambridge
Susan

Post by Susan »

Thank you for your advice. I will do as you suggest, probably tomorrow - day off!

Susan
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now