KE test feedback

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
clarendon

KE test feedback

Post by clarendon »

Hi to all in Birmingham. Just checking if anyone (KenR?) knows if it's now safe to discuss this test, not that my DD can remember much, as wasn't the supplementary test yesterday?

Thanks for any replies from anyone who knows.
KES Parent

Re: KE test feedback

Post by KES Parent »

clarendon wrote:Hi to all in Birmingham. Just checking if anyone (KenR?) knows if it's now safe to discuss this test, not that my DD can remember much, as wasn't the supplementary test yesterday?

Thanks for any replies from anyone who knows.
I think there is also a test in March for people who have moved into the area etc so it might not be safe even now, as the parents could easily check the Birmingham site before their children take the test.
ews147

Post by ews147 »

But surely that would not affect the outcome for our children as they will already ahve been notified as to whether they have been successful?Further, given the timescale, would it be wise for KE to administer the SAME test??
KES Parent

Post by KES Parent »

ews147 wrote:But surely that would not affect the outcome for our children as they will already ahve been notified as to whether they have been successful?Further, given the timescale, would it be wise for KE to administer the SAME test??
No, you're right, I had forgotten they would have already allocated places by March. I get thicker by the day. :oops: I shouldn't think they'd order a completely new test for what must be a tiny number of children though, it must be hugely expensive. Yet another question for KenR!
ews147

Post by ews147 »

Well according to my son, the comprehensions were ok, but the filling in the gaps re something to do with vikings? was tough.(missed a few out here) The nvr he hardly recognised as such (in fact when he came out he said there wasn't any non verbal reasoning!?!)as it was totally different to the sequencing, analogy stuff of NFER/Bond.The maths was hard in places but he said that was because there was soo much of it. The verbal reasoning was ok but had lots vocab at the 'harder' end.Overall - 'quite hard' - his words.
clarendon

Post by clarendon »

Hi guys and thanks for the replies. My daughter gave a similar report as your son ews147. She found comprehensions OK, maths tough and reckons she left out 25%(sharp intake of breath from me!), vocab she found about 70% Ok and had to guess the rest, the cloze completion with filling in the gaps she left out she says 3 words but had to guess quite a few. The NVR she was OK with once she sussed out what to do...esp. the one with blocks.... the other one she said she had to guess 2 or 3.

She has been very reluctant to say anything about the test. We are just concentrating on QM now.

As we said before all the children found it hard with many in tears and some reports I've heard of half the test paper being left out. We just have to wait for results now!!
za1

Post by za1 »

My son thought :

1) comprehension - quite hard.

2) Missing letters - hard. Missed 7.

3) Quick Maths - 'quite easy'.

4) NVR Hexagons - 'some quite easy and some quite hard'.

5) NVR Cubes - 'ok'

6) Vocabulary - 'ok'

7) Problem maths - 'hard'. Missed 3.

Does anyone know how many missing letter questions there were?? My son missed 7....was wondering how many there were in total. My son thought there were around 25 but wasn't sure.

Anyway....fingers crossed.
ews147

Post by ews147 »

my son said there were about 25 as well. He also missed quite a few, however, i think alot of others did too!
Optimist

Post by Optimist »

Hi there

Can anyone explain what the "hexagons" are in NVR, please?
ews147

Post by ews147 »

Well according to my son's version of it, there were a collection of hexagons (bit like the matice type question) and they had to select the one which should come next/best fitted the sequence. (sounds like it mirrors last year's test - I've just read one of fm's old postings!)

Anyone had a different account or could elaborate on my son's version?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now