Good Luck and Advice Please

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hertsmom

Good Luck and Advice Please

Post by hertsmom »

Just wanted to say good luck to all of you parents and dc out there sitting the test on Saturday. My ds seems to be coping ok but I am having difficulty sleeping - trying to hide it from him is hard! I just wish I could sit it for him poor love! Also I do have a question. The papers he has been practicing have all had 85 questions in 50 mins, now I realise that the vr is 100 in 45 minutes. I am wondering whether I should tell him beforehand in which case he might panic, or just prepare him for whatever may happen (by which I mean just be adaptable). Any advice/experiences would be very much appreciated! :?

Post by 40 »

Hi hertsmom

My dd also has test on saturday, thanks for your good wishes. I think for timing sake I would tell my dd incase she thought she had finished then realised too late she still had 15 questions. There are some 100 question papers you can download from this site they are called mw. I dont know how they compare to the real thing but at least he can have a go at answering 100 questions.

all the very best to you & your son for saturday.
Polly

Post by Polly »

The Bond fifth papers in Verbal Reasoning are 100 question papers.

My son has been doing these since we ran out of fourth papers (he completed both books).
hertsmom

Post by hertsmom »

Thanks for your messages. I have prepared him as well as I can - he is so chilled out about it all I should really just follow his lead. I have told him it's 100 questions and he is not fazed (or so he says!). Anyway. Once again good luck all - fingers crossed ! :)
Tezz

Post by Tezz »

Good luck to all families who are sitting the consortium tests today - Saturday 22nd Nov.

Hope everybody gets one of their choices!
Enter Dad...

Post by Enter Dad... »

A bit late in wishing everyone the very best, but hope it went well for all.

Just a note to hertsmom and other parents who worry: kids cope better than parents. We went through the same phase with Dd last year when applying to HBS. Whilst we chewed each other's nails off, she went into it with a relaxed attitude. She's happy at the school.

Fingers crossed for all those deserving the best.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now