Sutton Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kelly101

Sutton Grammar

Post by kelly101 »

Hello all,

My son is currently in year 5 and my brother in law (who is a year 6 teacher, and a very good one) has kindly offered to tutor him. The only problem is that he teaches in another borough with different critera for the selective schools, and he is unsure what areas he will need to be tutored in. What exmas are sat at Sutton Grammar, and what format (eg multiple choice or not etc), as this will be a great help in getting the correct test papers. Also could anyone advise which papers/test books would be best to use.

Many thanks in advance,

Kelly
sunnymummy

Post by sunnymummy »

The exam is Verbal Reasoning - multiple choice; an English comprehension paper - multiple choice; an English essay; a maths paper - not multiple choice.
There's a good post by "fm" somewhere about which papers to use and when for VR. The format for VR is, I think, approximate in style to NFER. For everything else I think it's just practising with what you can find.
If any of the above is incorrect, please, someone, correct me before Saturday!!!
Good luck.
kelly101

Post by kelly101 »

Thank you for your help!

I assume that the test for current year 6's is this weekend, so wish you all the best, and dread to imagine what I will be like this time next year when it's my turn!