S W Herts consortium school tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

Hi to all,

For those sitting next year my child said verbal reasoning was very hard, harder than bond and tutor papers. Maths was ok.

It was cold in the room they took the test so for folks next year wrap up your children. Lots of children wearing hoods in the test to keep warm.

My child managed to finnish and had checking time for VR but many did not ( some children were saying they had 2 or 3 pages left )and I was saddened to see many children coming out crying.

:)
Polly

Post by Polly »

My son sat his exam at Rickmansworth School.

He said that the maths paper was much easier than the Bond and Nfer papers and had enough time to check his answers several times in the time allowed. His friend that went with him thinks the paper was Nelson-something.

The VR paper was 'something-House'. I asked him if it was Moray House and he thinks it was. He said that it was more difficult than the Bond fourth and fifth papers he has been practising. He left out questions 87 to 94 meaning to go back to them, but didn't have time.

I am sorry to hear that children were crying after the exam. I didn't see any at Rickmansworth, but didn't stay long either.

Over all was son is reasonably confident that he did OK.
WP

Post by WP »

Thanks, watfordmum66 and Polly. It sounds like it was the same as the last few years: Nelson NFER for maths and Moray House for VR. Many people last year also found the maths much easier than the VR. And that's a good point about the heating. Please check over the entry in the FAQ and let us know of anything that should be changed or added. (But don't post anything about specific questions, as they may reuse the tests at the extra sitting.)
mamamia

Post by mamamia »

Which school did your child sit it at watfordmum66?

Mine went to Boys grammar he said the test wasn't too bad, but he didn't realise there were questions on the back page! He only noticed them when told to close the books as the time was up.

I feel quite bad for having to put him through this, they are too young really. Unfortunately we don't have much choice in Watford do we!
tense

Post by tense »

Try not to worry too much about your DC not completing the papers. Accuracy is very important. I thought my DD had blown it when she told me she had missed out some questions - but she got her first choice, Parmiter's.

T x
watfordmum66

Post by watfordmum66 »

Hi My Son did the test at Bushey Meads I know children who sat at queens
and also said it was cold.

I wouldn't worry re the last page accuracy counts as well.

Nothing to do now apart from having a large glass of wine and enjoying the evening with my son.
ugin112

Post by ugin112 »

Hi~
My son sat on the test at St.Clement Dane which was quite warm :lol:
But after the test one had a nose bleed(no one cried)

My DS found that math was very easy and verbal resoning was O.K
( he couldn't answer 2 questions though)
Anyway it's all done now~
I'll put my feet up and have some relexing time until 2nd of march
Good luck to all of you!!!
hertsmom

Post by hertsmom »

Same - my son just took the test at Rickmansworth and said he finished the Maths easily but the VR was really really hard and he didn't finish. He also doesn't think he did too well as he found some of the words really hard. Still he came boucing out with a massive grin and saying ' the night mare is over!!' so all in all I have finished the day a whole lot more relaxed. I shall raise my second glass of wine (I will be necking the first one!) to the lot of you in a show of solidarity to the stress we have endured and to all our little dc s (I agree, they are so young for all this) for being brave enough to sit the test in the first place. Roll on March! As for temperature, he hates wearing a jacket even in winter so he wouldn't be a very good gage! :D
hertsmom

Post by hertsmom »

Forgot to say - just to reassure you all, he said he left out 'quite a few' at the end (I have yet to press too hard as to how many) - I am guessing around 10!! :roll: And he is a pretty smart kid!
Relieved

Post by Relieved »

Just wanted to say good luck to you all and well done to all the DC's. I feel bad that I've put my 10 year old through all of this and am glad it is over.

My son took the test at Watford Boys, he too said the maths was much easier than he had been expecting but with all the Bonds practise on the VR with 80 questions a paper, forgot that for the actual test there are 100 and found himself short of time trying to complete the last 20, (he didn't manage 12).

We'd already thought about the room temperature as he was one of the 8.15 am group and thought that the heating probably wouldn't be on at that time, so he wore lots of layers.

We had a nice ceremony dumping all the books and worksheets. :lol:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now