11+ criteria

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bear

11+ criteria

Post by bear »

Just wondering if you can help me. My daughter has passed the 11+ exam with a score of 126...her b'day is in december. We put down Dr Challoners for her and are concerned that the score is 'not high enough' for her to be awarded a place as we are not in the catchment area. Would anyone out there be able to help us as to how the allocation works. Thanks in advance.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Places are allocated on the distance from the school NOT the score - it has been like this for four years.

You can check distances on Sally- Anne's sticky:

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11-plu ... rofile.php
bear

Post by bear »

thks for this..is it based completely on distance and nothing else...does the test result have no bearing?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

No - as long as it's over 121 - as a GS teacher I take no notice of the score as KS2 inforamtion tell me everything I need to know. We don't know who has been tutored and for how long so the score is not really an indication of ability (and certainly does not tell me how hard they will work!!)
rajmundo

Post by rajmundo »

Hi, I came across this site on Friday whilstr waiting for the results to come through....boy I wish I'd found it earlier.......

My daughter got through on the button with a score of 121. We are 9.5 miles from Burnham Grammar which was on our list, and OOC by a whisker. Its the only school we went for in Bucks, as the others were just too far away. I just wanted some advice on whether we could expect to get a place or just cross our fingers and hope for the best !
chad

Post by chad »

The historical allocation figures for Bucks (courtesy of Sally-Anne) can be found here

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11-plu ... rofile.php

Look down the list for Burnham grammar... it might give you an idea of how far out they allocate.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

I have just posted on another thread that you could theoretically live in Timbuktu and still get a place at Chesham High, Burnham Grammar, John Hampden and Henry Floyd.

It might be a problem getting the homework done each evening though! :lol:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Just found the numbers here (memo to me to do my filing :oops: ).

As of July 2008, Burnham still had 57 vacant places out of 150 total places available - nearly 2 classes empty.

Unless something changes very radically rajmundo, you will receive an offer, although you may have to wait for the second or third round of allocations. They will be approximately 6 & 12 weeks after March 2nd.

If you check back here then, we usually have the March 2nd allocation profiles pretty switftly, so we will be able to give you a better idea then.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now