Bournemouth School (for Boys)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Dorset

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MrsK40

Bournemouth School (for Boys)

Post by MrsK40 »

We (my son and I !) are hoping to get into this school, the test is a year away and he is working on extra Bond papers to try and get him ready.

It's such a difficult choice for me as a parent to know if it is the right thing for him. He is clever and enjoys the work, but doesn't want to leave all his primary school friends behind. I'm not sure how to persuade him it will be worth it? :?: :?:
WFW1112

Post by WFW1112 »

My son is going to take exam this Saturday too. Actually it is his wish to take exam for Bournemouth this year. We live much more close to Poole.( So we always consider he will take exam next year.) But he often says he hasn't got much new to learn and no challenge in his Primary school.

Leaving friends behind seems not to be a big issue for him, though he got quite a few close friends in his current school. Kids will be making new friends in new school easily, especially in their young age, and they can always meet their old friends at the weekends or school holidays. Most at all, I think kids should be able to know that better education is more important for their future.

Exam is only a few days away, good luck to all the children who take exam this Saturday in Bournemouth.
meagain

Post by meagain »

If your son gets a place at Bournemouth school will he still apply for Poole next year as it's nearer?
WFW1112

Post by WFW1112 »

This was my son's initial idea, he said he could apply Poole next year even he gets in Bournemonth this year. But after lots of thoughts by all of us, we decide he will carry on in Bournemonth if he gets a place. I also have a younger son, so I can move on to help him.

If my elder son gets in, I just have to prepare long journey ( 11 miles each way ) everyday for next seven years!!
meagain

Post by meagain »

Well I think it works both ways. Some residents from Bournemouth will try for Poole next year if they don't get into Bournemouth, although Poole are a little tighter on out of catchment applicants. Hopefully there will be a bus service for your son. Anyway, no jumping the gun! Good luck for Saturday. DD will be taking the BSG test. Fingers crossed for us both and all others taking the tests.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now