Christmas Pressies

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
zorro

Christmas Pressies

Post by zorro »

Can someone guide me re: pressies in Senior School?
I imagine it would be for Housemaster/ Housemistress, House Tutor and maybe Headmaster?
Any guidance appreciated!
KES Parent

Re: Christmas Pressies

Post by KES Parent »

zorro wrote:Can someone guide me re: pressies in Senior School?
I imagine it would be for Housemaster/ Housemistress, House Tutor and maybe Headmaster?
I wouldn't give anything to the Headmaster - it may cause him problems with his tax return and is a bit OTT anyway. But don't forget Matron - a good one is worth her weight in gold and really deserves something nice. :D I think a bottle of something nice for Housemaster and Tutor would be my choice (assuming it's not a Methodist school!)
zorro

Post by zorro »

Thanks KES.
C/E so bottles should be ok!
Couldn't we give Head a nice bottle of wine/whisky too? or is that not etiquette?!!
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

I may be purely state sector, but would like to say bottles would be VERY much appreciated!! :lol: :lol:
zorro

Post by zorro »

Yoyo,
Cheers!!!
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Yes, vino ALWAYS appereciated!!!
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Well, this may seem a little mean but I'm not going to bother when my son goes to senior school. I may not bother this year either! :lol: It is good to know however that teachers do not get bored with 30 bottles of wine!

My intention was to buy the Head a large gift the first Christmas and then at the end of my sons final year. I've got a couple of years to decide if I'll do that! :wink:
AB

Post by AB »

T.i.p.s.y wrote:Well, this may seem a little mean but I'm not going to bother when my son goes to senior school. I may not bother this year either!
(I told you, Tosca, that you were a little hasty with your beatification.This is definitely not saintly behaviour. :( )
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Actually, I'll be giving my present money to charity and not killing trees as I won't be buying christmas cards and wrapping paper! :D

You are going OFF TOPIC!
AB

Re: Christmas Pressies

Post by AB »

zorro wrote:Can someone guide me re: pressies in Senior School?
I agree the Headmaster does not need a pressie. A Christmas card to him and his staff with a note of thanks for helping young zorro settle in superbly will go down very well and be displayed in staff room for all to see (that the zorro family appreciates the school).

For the Housemaster/Housemistress, House tutor and perhaps anyone who has direct contact with young zorro (instruments teacher, favourite PE teacher), suitable pressie to suit recipient and your pocket.