New CDs

Questions and advice about our 11 Plus Interactive CDs

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

New CDs

Post by Guest »

On the Maths part of the forum there was a comment a couple of days ago about a new CD (for maths) being in the final stages of checking before release.

could someone please indicate the probable timing, if possible, and also at what point CDs might be available for other subjects eg NVR?

Thank you
Mike Edwards

Post by Mike Edwards »

Hi

The question sets have been completed and proof read thoroughly.

Today we were looking at the generic instructions and the CD cover, they are also now complete.

An issue arose over the format of the fractions questions, that is in the process of being resolved by the programmers.

There are two sections to the CD, firstly there are questions based on the NFER practice papers and secondly a section based on mental arithmetic and algebra. The programmers are working to differentiate between the two.

We would expect the download to be available possibly midweek and the CD available for advanced orders at the same time.

The CD and download will be priced the same as the VR CD and download.

As with the VR CD The Tutors are writing what is effectively a curriculum for 11+ Maths.

A second CD, written by Peter Robson (yes, THE Peter Robson) will also become available, although I m not sure of the timeline for its release.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards

Mike

Post by Guest »

thanks. If they are anything like as good as the VR, they'll add a lot of value.

Any plans for NVR?

Probably like VR, practice makes perfect!
Mike Edwards

Post by Mike Edwards »

Hi

At the moment we are concentrating on completing the maths CD as we think we can make it available for some of this years 11+ tests and for independent school common entrance tests taking place in the New Year.

We need to decide, through discussions with ElevenPlusExams, whether to write a second maths CD based on question papers. However, as mentioned in a previous post I believe Peter Robson and ElevenPlusExams have worked together to create the second maths CD.

Unlike VR were diferent CDs have been written for different LEAs and question sets I think that the maths CDs will be more generic and will be relevant to most LEAs and independent schools.

Since initially being approached to write CDs it was The Tutors intention to write a full set of CDs covering the four 11+ subject areas. Once the maths CD is completed we will focus our attention on NVR. If we decide to proceed with writing the material for NVR it should become available in time for the 2007 11+ tests.

Regards

Mike
Dougal

Post by Dougal »

Hi,
you say in your last reply that different CDs have been written for different LEAs. I am in Trafford and we have the NFER papers.
I would also like to thank 'The Tutors'. My daughter used the downloaded papers and we found them really helpfull. My second eldest daughter will take her 11+ in October 2008 so I am looking for which CD to get for her nearer the time as I think the computer based tests will suit her better.

Dougal

cd roms

Post by Guest »

Many thanks to the various posts on this forum that acknowledge the benefit of the Cd roms. As a primary school headmaster and co-author of the Learning Together range of titles I have been able to use my knowledge of the school setting and exams to produce what I hope are relevant practice aids. We are aware that Eton and probably other schools are switching to computer based tests and feed back tells us that the Learning Together range of VR is more challenging and probably closest in nature to the actual expected tests. Thanks again for the valued feedback.
Stephen McConkey
Maxine

Post by Maxine »

We are very very happy wiht the CDS, :D.

We too have had success with Learning Together CD aswell as the other volumes.

All of them have been of excellent standard. Please keep up the good work and make many more !! especially Maths and English.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now