Has anyone successfully appealed with a score of 108 and 109

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Wickedwaterwitch

Has anyone successfully appealed with a score of 108 and 109

Post by Wickedwaterwitch »

Hello, this is my first post here.

My son got 108 and 109 in his 11+ but the school support an appeal with a 2 for academic ability and a 1 for attitude. They are predicting level 5s for SATS.

I have the headteacher's form
I have the appeal form
I have emailed the school office asking for any evidence they can provide me with

Any other advice would be much appreciated. Thank you.

We're in Bucks btw.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi WIckedwaterwitch

There have been successful appeals on those sort of scores, but the odds are firmly stacked against you - last year only 7.9% of appeals on scores below 110 succeeded.

If you are to succeed you will need the total support of the Head and very compelling academic evidence indeed - first-class school reports, good CATs or NFER scores for VR (and probably other tested subjects) and good school books.

If you have all of that, you will then need to demonstrate why the score is unrepresentative of your child's ability. That could be because the child's intelligence would not be effectively tested by a VR test, or because you have very strong mitigating circumstances.

Sally-Anne
Angelic

Appeal

Post by Angelic »

Hi I am new to the forum but have always been reading reviews on various subjects.

My daughter is doing very well at school and has been getting level 5b,4a,4a. She sat for the slough consortium exam and scored 108.

Is it worth appealing? :cry:
Sorry if it is a repetitive question
All advice of sucesses and failures will be appreciated.