NVR Test for Tiffin Grammar School for Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

p4pankaj

NVR Test for Tiffin Grammar School for Girls

Post by p4pankaj »

I know that the NVR (& also VR) paper for Tiffin Grammar School for Girls is 50 minutes.

Most schools like Kendrick School, Slough Consortium the NVR paper is divided into various sections & each section is allocated specific time. You are not allowed to come back to the previous section even if you have time on hand.

Does the Tiffin Grammar test also follow the above procedure or is it like the VR test where you have a number of questions to be completed during 50 minutes?
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

The Surrey (LB Sutton & LB Kingston) section is your friend.

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Hello

As far as I know, both Tiffin Boys and Girls have the same exam (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) and Tiffin Boys do not stop section by section but go all the way through - so you can come back to previous sections.

Hope this helps.
mad?

Post by mad? »

Yes, certainly last year it was straight through, 80 qs in 50 mins
mad?
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Hi Mad

Oh ye veteran! Please shed some light on us poor souls, who can never get through to Tiffin School, as their phone-line is always engaged!

80 questions in 50 minutes....

1. now where do they fit in the practice questions?
2. Do they have a separate allotted time for these practice questions?

If they have 80 questions - that's 20 questions per section.

You see, the reason I ask, is that Langley did it section by section. Before each section the children got to answer the practice questions. This ended up being 10 minutes per section - that's 30 seconds per question.

For the Tiffin exam, is it therefore, "roughly" 12.5 minutes per section? So allowing 37.5 seconds per question? :D
mad?

Post by mad? »

Hi Sara

Sorry for the delay - I had to wait for DD to get home to ask her. She said there were 4 practice questions at the start of the paper which you were given time to do, then the real thing began and you did it straight through. She had not really been 'prepared' and did not really know what to expect but she said it was fairly straight forward (well the instructions if not the test!) and it was made clear to candidates what they had to do. Not long to go now...so get ready to sit back and relax!!!
mad?
mad?
p4pankaj

Thanks

Post by p4pankaj »

Thanks to everyone who responded. Having read through some other forums on this website it perhaps appears that the test for Tiffin is likely straight through (50 minutes & perhaps 80 questions).