I wanted to share how silly I am...

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ed's mum

I wanted to share how silly I am...

Post by Ed's mum »

I bought Coldplay tickets back in May to present to my OH in July for our anniversary.

He was delighted as they are one of his favourite groups.

Last week I organised that each child would stay overnight with a family member so that we could make a proper evening of it - meal etc - without having to worry about being back by a certain time...

So, last night, OH asked me "Which venue in B'ham is it?" and I dutifully went to check (this was at 9:30 pm)...
The concert ticket had printed on it MONDAY 1st December 2008...
:( :( :( :( :(

The last time we went out together was July 2007 and I had now completely stuffed up...

Anyone who wants to TRY to cheer me up...feel free...

Before you ask - I rang the venue this morning but they were only willing to SELL me more tickets for tonight and we cannot afford it. :(
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Anyone who wants to TRY to cheer me up...feel free...
Once took DS to the wrong sports centre for a swimming party. By the time we realised no one else was there we had been in the pool for twenty minutes and it was too late to go to the correct pool. Got a free swim though. :oops:

I now always insist on having invites in hand to check the fine print. :lol:

steve
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

OH NO!!!!

You really do have my sympathy on this :cry:

Not that I have a tale on this subject to regale you all with, but I can imagine your horror and disappointment.

This is where my worrying personality comes into its own though. I'm the sort of person who worries so much I check, double check, triple check, and then check twice a week for a month AFTER purchasing the tickets, then have a panic attack two weeks BEFORE the event thinking we've missed it and then continually check the tickets and the date every day thereafter until we've attended said event.

See .................................. told you I was a worrier :lol:
zorro

Post by zorro »

Oh you poor thing!
I'm afraid I'm a checker like Snowdrops.
I have bought Take That tickets for my DD in July next year and by the time we get to Wembley they will be creased and crumpled because I will have checked them so many times!
Did you still go out for your anniversary meal?
We are nearly at the end of the first term at secondary school - have you been as thrilled and pleased for Ed as I have for Alex as to how well they have adjusted to independent school.
Making lots of new friends , starting new subjects and having to cope with a completely new environment and ethos.
We have House Christmas Tea on Friday, Carol Service at ST.Albans Abbey next Thursday and (best of all) House Disco the day before they break up on 17th Dec.
Hope everyone's children who have started new schools have a relaxing Christmas break!
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

Many years ago we travelled from Chester to Stratford to see some Shakespeare, only to discover like you the tickets were for the day before....You are not alone :D
zorro

Post by zorro »

Just thought of something similar which happened to me last year.
My brother bought us as a family £200 of theatre tokens . A long while later I tried to book to go and see Billy Elliot - guess what they had expired!
So I had to put £200 in the bin - serves me right for being so slow !
perplexed

Post by perplexed »

We got married several years ago and paid the photographer up front for everything. We never chose our album from the proofs - kept on meaning to. I don't think the photographer is still in business- have not managed to contact him - and even if he was, I don't suppose he has kept the negatives this long.

Suppose you can always sit at home with a bottle of wine, and a Coldplay CD and congratulate yourselves on having save the travel expenses.
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Eating crisps and a sandwich alone as OH tests Ed ready for his pre-Xmas exams and DD plays piano...ho hum!!!

Keep 'em coming guys, sympathy or tales that make me feel slightly more normal!

Will pm you later Zorro.
blackwellmum

Cold play

Post by blackwellmum »

Hi Eds mum. thought this might make you chuckle. I bought tickets for hubby, our two close friends and I to go last night. when we got to the NEC at 7pm, we thought that it was surprisingly quiet(we were the only ones there!) we then checked the tickets and found it was the NIA. It took about 80 mins and masseive amounts of stress to get there so we missed the support band and were very stressed. We did see them though. Poor you :(
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

I hope they were good!!
Poor you - I CAN imagine how stressful that was!!

Of course, you COULD tell me how dire they were and that I missed nothing... :mrgreen:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now