Bushey Meads Technological aptitude test

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

AlisonR

Bushey Meads Technological aptitude test

Post by AlisonR »

I've noticed that Bushey Meads has a technological aptitude test for 10% of its admission.

Does anyone know what this test involves?
I'm wondering if it is worth trying to apply under this criteria but really need more details on the test to see if my son stands any chance of getting in this way (we live too far away to qualify under any other criteria).

Thanks for any info
Alison
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

don't know about Bushey meads test but usua11y a Technological aptitude test comprises of Non verbal reasoning.

Some use quantitative reasoning as we11.
Did you check with the school?
WP

Re: Bushey Meads Technological aptitude test

Post by WP »

AlisonR wrote:I've noticed that Bushey Meads has a technological aptitude test for 10% of its admission.

Does anyone know what this test involves?
I'm wondering if it is worth trying to apply under this criteria but really need more details on the test to see if my son stands any chance of getting in this way (we live too far away to qualify under any other criteria).
I don't know anything about this test, but it can't hurt to try. Anyway doing a few tests can help your child get used to test conditions.

There's also the consortium tests. Bushey Meads's Band A (top 25% of those taking the tests) stretches out quite far, though that sort of score should also be enough for Queens' (see the admission statistics page). Band B also goes a bit further than the lower bands.
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

WP - when you say Band A and Band B distance stretches quite far... how far do you mean, in the Watford direction? Does it reach as far as St Albans Road?

Alison
WP

Post by WP »

AlisonR wrote:WP - when you say Band A and Band B distance stretches quite far... how far do you mean, in the Watford direction? Does it reach as far as St Albans Road?
This year bands A and B reached 8350 and 4680 metres respectively in March, presumably further in September. This is following roads and paths using HCC's mapping system, which we don't have access to but can approximate. According to Google Maps, the Dome roundabout is 5.4km from the school.
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

WP. thanks for this information. I didn't realise that children so far away could stand a chance of getting in. That's definitely food for thought.

Alison
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

My son decided to go for this test in the end. It was NVR / abstract reasoning after all.

Does anyone have any idea how many children sat this test this year? I think last year there were about 150 children going for the 17 places... I'm guessing this has increased quite a bit this year as they needed 2 sittings.

Alison
WP

Post by WP »

AlisonR wrote:My son decided to go for this test in the end. It was NVR / abstract reasoning after all.
Thanks, Alison. Was it multiple choice or standard format? Do you know the name of the supplier?
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

It was multiple choice. Sorry no idea of supplier.

A