Anymore tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
DavidC

Anymore tests

Post by DavidC »

Just wondering, abyone got more tests to come, or is this it until March 1st?

Post by Guest »

Still got Queen Marys of Wasall. Not until December 6th.
Have heard from a reliable source though that Birmingham LEA do not get standardised results back in their hands untill late January.
Dr Jalal

More exams after KE

Post by Dr Jalal »

My son who just sat his KE test will be sitting his 3rd and final 11+ test for Handsworth Grammar this coming Saturday. He'll also have to sit an entrance exam for our local Foundation school on wednesday 15th Nov and we may consider putting him in for the KES exam in January 2007.

The KE test my son sat last Saturday, he seemed to cope with quite well, although like some of the other contributors to this site have already mentioned, he did find certain aspects quite difficult. He definitely missed out several questions, particularly on the Bugs section, which he found easy but was constrained by the time factor. Anyway, we're all very happy that his toughest test is done and dusted. We're now turning our attention to our daughter who will hopefully sit the test next year.
Dibble

Re: More exams after KE

Post by Dibble »

Dr Jalal wrote: ....we may consider putting him in for the KES exam in January 2007.
My son might take the test for KES too. I feel slightly strange about it though as I know little about the school, certainly don't know anyone who studies there and I haven't even been to an open day yet.

Anyone have information that I won't find out at open day?

He took his KEVI Grammar test there and developed an interest. I've explained to him that he'd have to do very, very well in the test, as we really can't afford full fees, but he still wants to try. It seems like an impossibly high target to me - does anyone know how good you have to be to be offered a bursary?

He'll be trying for the same sort of thing at Wolverhampton Grammar, were I know he'll at least be a serious candidate for a bursary but the KES seems to be spoken about in different terms.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now