2 Days to go and had a system crash. HELP.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
JaysDarlin

2 Days to go and had a system crash. HELP.

Post by JaysDarlin »

Two days to go and my mental processing unit has crashed.

I have tried to reboot my system but with no luck.

I hope I don't have a virus which will wipe out all the data I have stored on my hard drive.

My screen keeps showing errors and warnings such as:

"System Overload"

"You Cannot Proceed Further"

"Reboot Needed"

"Press Any Key To Enter In Safe Mode"

However, in safe mode, I am limited in the functions I can perform.

I am having hardware problems such as an overheating head, two screens which keep on leaking water, and the metal casing seems to have gone all soft.

Please HELP!

mad?

Post by mad? »

Sara

It's OK, you don't have to do anything, it is your DS who is doing the test, not you! Relax, you already have one in the bag, life could be much much worse.
mad?
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Hi Mad,

Thanks for putting things into perspective. I'm ok now. Just needed to vent out.

We are "celebrating" Eid today, and I have never had an Eid where the house has been a TIP - no special foods are being cooked, havent got a clue what any of us are wearing, its the 2nd Eid where I'm not even bothered about what gift I want or what to get dh! The party has been at mine for the last 11 years, and this time we have asked for it to be at another family members house, and no one can be bothered with anything, so are going to get buy one get one free pizzas. On EID!

Anyway, had a good nights sleep as well as a very reassuring dream, ready to brave the last day with reading story books, playing games, and giving ds lots of moral support. :lol:
mad?

Post by mad? »

Happy EID
mad?
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Thanks dear.
geling

Post by geling »

JaysDarlin(Sara): as long as your DS is nice and sound , let the rest "crash"! :lol: :lol: Don't push him too hard in the last 24 hours, no,actually 23 ! In the exam, tell your DS don't leave anything blank and always make a good guess! Have a very good sleep tonight and promise him to have a wonderful lunch togehter outside after the exam, you know ,it often works! :roll: Good luck! JaysDarlin: I am sure you would be the first one to let us know how it is going on this year. [size=18]Good luck! [/size

Kingston town center is a good place to kill the time while waiting for him. If you find a nice LBD at a bargain price, I am sure you no longer worry what my DS is doing at Tiffin.
SunlampVexesEel

Post by SunlampVexesEel »

I know this isn't helpful.... but...

The waiting is far worse!

Regards
SVE
Animis opibusque parati
Drastic Dad

Post by Drastic Dad »

Finished 14 hour shift this morning after sleeping three hours yesterday, still there is no sign of sleep! DS is at school, he is going to sing Carols in the church next to his school with his clas this evening and I will be amongst the audience (maybe fast asleep!) Eid today but no sign of Eid here. Mrs is gone to work, babies asleep but no sleep for me. My Wifi router died the other day and the new one just would not work. I am 'forced' to use some neighbour's unsecured network (bless him/her!) for last four days. So when he/she switches off, I am cut off. No (reliable) internet, no sleep, no celebrations just a big EXAM looming large filling all the empty space. Soon this will be all over. Looking back it seems like a long, long journey, a drama with more twists and turns and highs and lows than 'Brookie' but unlike 'Brookie' we are heading for an ending (at last) and a happy one at that. Mustn't grumble!

Edit: Just checked on the Wiki, 'Brookie' finished back in 2003! As I say to my Mrs "Where was you brought up?" (When she says 'Hounslow' I reply "I can see that!") I haven't got a clue about major world events.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now