Mystery on the Verbal Express

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mike Edwards

Mystery on the Verbal Express

Post by Mike Edwards »

So there I was minding my own business.

I was looking for a stress-free life, so searched for a stress free guide.

Because all parents need one when they are preparing children for the 11+.

Verbal Reasoning Level One

Q1
A35 is to B40 as C45 is to (?)

Q2
29A is to 31B as 33C is to (?)

What a relief! Someone has written a stress free guide. These questions will surely help the children of the Wirral and Buckinghamshire pass the 11+ test.

Q3
1 2 4 7 (?)

Q4
40 36 (?) 28 24 26

Yes, we can even have questions in the wrong format. I can feel the stress disappearing and a sense of calmness embracing me in the warm and tender knowledge that someone out there is helping me.

Q9 and Q10
Underline the two words that are made from the same letters

mate meet term atom team

site stem mast seat teas

It just gets better Levels 2, 3 and 4, I just need to make myself a little note to sit down and complete these as well as I am sure that they will have the same effects as a reflexology or meditation session.

Of course the author of this book may recommend to her readers, elsewhere, that they should take a completely different course of action and that would just break the magic spell and I won't know what to do and I will get really stressed out and take this book back to the shop and get a refund and complain that it does not cover the questions in the Wirral and Buck tests and then I will have to go to the doctors and he will give me a little note to take to the chemist and then I will end up in a hospital ward and I will never fall asleep to the sound of cicadas again.

THE END

I might fool around, but I am not a fool.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Mike Edwards

Post by Mike Edwards »

Hi

I am just at that stage now where I feel I need to BOND with someone.

Mike
patricia

Post by patricia »

Eddie Mikewards

Post by Eddie Mikewards »

Hi Patricia

I would just like to say that I agree with everthing Mike Edwards has said for ever and ever.

You super sleuth, are you suggesting that some people come to this site and use a different name to support their own previous posts? How very dare they, what a disgraceful and appalling thing to do. I would never do that, ever, honestly.

Are you actually suggesting on this forum that Michellejoy Hughes, author of "The Parent's Stress Free Guide to the 11+" published by Nelson Thornes, ISBN number 0-7487-9694-0 is actuallya tutor on the Wirral, working under the name of LittleNotes. And that this same person has informed people on the Wirral that they only need to work from NFER papers.

No!!!! I don't believe that.

I live in a glass house and there are no holes in my windows.

Regards

Eddie

(Do you think anyone will notice that this is not my real name?)
chad

Post by chad »

Very amusing !
Brightened up my evening :lol:
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Mike

Now I understand Little notes/class 6 teachers posts

viewtopic.php?t=774

BTW.....Eddie has made me laugh

Patricia
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Definitely very entertaining :lol: :lol:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Patricia

I have no idea what is going on here, but I like Eddie Mikewards contributions so much, and I think he should try to be a regular contributor in future. A clearly super person, with a very empathetic attitude, I would say.

I do agree that BONDing should not be allowed on the Bucks forum, other than as fun stuff for children of 7-9 years old.

Best wishes
Sally-Anne
(a.k.a Annie Sallywards)
Eddie Mikewards

Post by Eddie Mikewards »

Hey

My hero Mike Edwards says GPS gives little kids CGP, is this legal?

Well no it isn't particular if they are photo-copying complete books and handing them out.

Is this moral or responsible, there are just so many additives given to kids today.

A double-sided photocopy of CGP material was given to kids as homework to complete ten days before their first practice test. None of the questions on the photocopied material were NFER compatible.

Is there a conspiracy on the Wirral to actively prevent children passing the 11+?? Last year Calday Grammar school was undersubscribed.

This is a Verbal Reasoning Mystery to me.

Why is this posting in Bucks?

I don't know, why are you asking me?

Well you posted it!!

Did I?

Yes

Sometimes I think, its a pity others don't.

Regards

Eddie