Langley Grammer Bus/taxi

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
rpin

Langley Grammer Bus/taxi

Post by rpin »

Does anyone know of any service from a drop-off/pick up point in Harrow for Langley?Can be shared , or a mini-bus service
passinby

harrow to langley

Post by passinby »

Hello. I was surprised that someone else as far away from langley as ourselves is considering the school. We are in Wembley and I am very concerned about the amount of daily travel if my children go there, but on the other hand I thought it was a good school when I visited. I have very mixed feelings about our local schools.

I think there are 2 coach services, both advertised on Langley website, but nearest stops are in Greenford/ Southall.

Will your child be sitting the exams this year?
pkataria

Langley Bus/coach Transport

Post by pkataria »

we live in wembly park, and since my son has passed langley grammer with score of 131 , we are considering Langley Grammer if he is offered a place , only worried about the distance and travel time, we know that there is a private coach company running bus service from Harrow. We were also told by the bus service that if there are few students from Wembley they can carrange a pick up point for wembley. Please do let us know if you are considerig Langley Grammer and live in wembley or surrounding
[/b]
bcookerblum

Post by bcookerblum »

there are a few that get the train from wembley to slough at my daughters school( Slough Grammar), then there's a bus from there.
passinby

wembley to langley

Post by passinby »

Hello pkataria.

Yes, we live in Wembley and would be interested in local travel arrangements. However, it will depend on the LEA's offers as our twins' scores are lower than your child's. We are not that certain if Langley will be offering a place to both. One is quite likely I think, but the other will probably depend on level of 2nd round offers.

I was very pleased to see your post. Although I had of course planned a feasible route for my children, it's much better they are in company.

Perhaps we could post again next March once offers are out, or pm each other?
pkataria

Langley Bus/coach Transport

Post by pkataria »

HELLO PASSINBY

THAK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE. YES WE WILL KEEP IN TOUCH AND LETS WAIT TILL MARCH TO SEE WHAT IS THE FINAL ALLOCATION,, AS WE ARE TRYING FOR QE BOYS HAVE NOT YET HAD THE FIRST ROUND RESULTS

IT WAS GODD TO KNOW THAT THERE ARE PARENTS FROM WEMLBEY WHO ARE CONSIDERING LANGLEY FOR THERE CHILDREN

THANKS ONCE AGAING FOR YOUR REPLY
pintux

Post by pintux »

I am keen to find out whether there are any buses/mini-bus from Harrow to Langley? Going through this thread it is apparent that there are many parents in Wembley interested in Langley/Slough schools. What about Harrow? Does any one know whether there are kids who commute from this area and how long it takes?

Thanks
chad

Post by chad »

I know that a child in my son's class comes from greenford by coach.....which is not that far from you. Not sure where they pick it up......
The coach has children from all the grammar schools on it..
passinby

the long ride home

Post by passinby »

From the Langley school website, there are probably two coach services. Paly coaches told me on the tel last year that they had a stop at the Greenford roundabout at 7:30 am. I tried to get them to send me further information about the coach route so we could figure the best arrangement for us (if we are offered a place), but no luck. There is now a second coach service called Dhillons which seems to have stops in the Southall/ Hayes area.

My information is based on what I could find from various sources, I think a current parent with child at Langley/ Slough may know better.

If there are sufficient pick ups from Wembley/ Harrow areas, I would imagine one of the coach services may be willing to have an additional stop or the parents could get together and hire a minibus or some other method. It seems to me it would most times take an hour minimum each way. Hope I'm wrong!!
:)
stressedmum99

wembly to langly grammar school

Post by stressedmum99 »

Hi,

I am interested in sharing the taxi or coach to send my daughter to Slough for langly grammar school. Any one ready to share please post a reply.

Thank you,
Stressedmum99.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now