110 Appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mum's Appeal

110 Appeal

Post by Mum's Appeal »

How good is this score for an appeal in Slough Grammar??
chad

Post by chad »

It is about as good as you can get without achieving the qualifying score.
As with all appeals you would need to have good predicted KS2 Sats (555 or 554) and if poss a letter from current school detailing current levels achieved and predicted.
was there any reason tehy didnt do as well as expected... was it consistent across all papers or is it just one area that let them down?

Post by Guest »

NVR 124, vR 107 and maths 100, maths let him down
chad

Post by chad »

Some maths covered in the NFER 11+ is not taught at state schools until Y6... the way questions are worded can 'throw' some children. They need to understand what is being asked before being able to answer.
If the predicted Sats for Maths are good or good levels are already being achieved then that would strengthen your case...as the result could be seen as not reflecting true ability.
Catherine

Post by Catherine »

Hi all here,

Having re-read Sally-Anne's guidelines for this section, I noticed that she asked for one thread per appeal, so I have split this thread to have a separate thread for Wraysburymum' appeal
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... highlight=

Catherine
partygirl

Post by partygirl »

I am reading this with interest. My daughter also got 110 for Slough so am thinking of appealing. Scores were 114 for both Maths and NVR and 101 for VR which I can't understand at all as indications were from work I was giving her at home was that she was ok with VR. Certainly going to speak to her teacher tomorrow to see whether she will support me with an appeal. Her predicted stats scores are already at level 5 in all three subjects.
Nayna P

110 slough but only 105 at Hershal

Post by Nayna P »

What let him down was his VR 103, NVR 112, Maths 104. Overall 110. I am so disappointed. He has a reading age of 13+ and English is his strong point. I don't know what happened. I would like to appeal to Slough Grammer. I am seeing HM today regarding school report but what I would like to ask is if I do go for the appeal will the panel ask about the Herschal exam? Will they hold that against him as well as the fact he was coached?

Many thanks
chad

Post by chad »

THey shouldn't ask whether he was 'coached'... and as they say that familiarisation is all that is needed and coaching does not affect VR &NVR levels then I wouldn't offer any information above the fact that he was given the familiarisation papers. As for the Herschel exam...again it should not be asked about.
It is def worth an appeal at SG if you have predicted Sats of 5,5,5 and score 110.
Nayna - I am assuming the Maths score was 114 (not 104) if so then he has scored consistently well in those NVR & Maths. If you can get together strong academic evidence that the VR score was not indicative of his ability then that should be the basis of your appeal.
chad

Post by chad »

partygirl - sorry I missed your post ..

again the same applies. With good scores in the other 2 parts of the 11+ then you must go all out to prove the VR was not indicative of ability....thre predicted 5's are a good start.......reports with 'high achieving' etc.....books with excellent comments and levels are all part of the appeal.
Nayna P

Post by Nayna P »

Hi Chad,

Many thanks for your prompt reply. Let you know what happens at meeting with HM at school today.

Nayna