Hello out there!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
proud mum x2

Hello out there!

Post by proud mum x2 »

Hello Gloucestershire! So quiet in here!

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and a peaceful New Year.

Mine was restful, and much needed, and it's back to work on Monday, it's amazing how quickly those two weeks have passed!
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »

Back to work for me too on Monday-cant moan really at 2 weeks off-my DH had 2 days!!!

I think the forum will get a bit busier come Feb-countdown to March and all that!

GM
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Glos_Mum wrote:I've been back to work in bits, but it's back full time on Monday (ughh)
If I'd been in at work, I would have been off sick. Had a medium cold for 2 weeks before Christmas (faded finally on Boxing day). Went to a panto at Worcester on Boxing day. Four days later, both myself & my mother went down with - well let's call it 'flu for arguments sake, not Man/Girlie 'flu or a Heavy Cold (although we both had 'flu jabs). Aching joints, temperature, shivers, headache, upset tummy, sniffles, cough. So even though the children went away for a couple of days, my time was spent in bed - ill. :( So missed out on New Years Eve, a couple of parties, practice tomorrow, shopping at the sales.
Are we officially counting down until March?
Talk for yourself - I've got some appeals to hear on Wednesday (not grammar entry ones) - I must be fit for those.
Capers
Jen'smum

Post by Jen'smum »

Hi all - belated Happy New Year.

Really enjoyed the break from routine and having to rush in the mornings!

Hope all okay with the snow!
Bring me sunshine ....
capers123

Post by capers123 »

capers123 wrote:Talk for yourself - I've got some appeals to hear on Wednesday (not grammar entry ones) - I must be fit for those.
Well, I got through them. Not sure I'd describe myself as fit, though. In any sense of the word :oops:
Capers
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

Happy New Year from me too. Just got back from a week on the slopes so still have to take the deccies down and get back into the school thing.

So sorry to hear you have been feeling rough Capers, it happened to me last Xmas I spent most of the holiday in bed and ended up with pluresy, never again, at the first hint of a cold now I load myself up with garlic, don't care what I smell like :lol:, as long as it keeps me healthy, and it has.

Well from now on I am in two sets. The long wait till March set and also starting to do some work with DS2 tonight so joining the Nov 2009 set. Thankfully he can't wait to get going so things should be less stressy and atleast I know what I'm doing this time :)
capers123

Post by capers123 »

Tolstoy wrote: it happened to me last Xmas I spent most of the holiday in bed and ended up with pluresy, never again, at the first hint of a cold now I load myself up with garlic, don't care what I smell like :lol:, as long as it keeps me healthy, and it has.
I had a similar bug last New Year... We'd gone to Center Parcs de Kempervennan (near Eindhoven) - before the demise of the pound, we found the Dutch / Belgian Center Parcs were 1/2 the price of the UK ones.

We'd popped up to Eindhoven for the afternoon to visit an open air museum, which was small but perfectly formed; it had two areas - pre-roman (750-50BC) and mediaeval (1200 - 1600), complete with buildings, bread ovens and a bar (selling authentic ales, bread, cheese and - err - hot chocolate?). It was very cold, but we watched the children having fun milling wheat, then using that flour to make bread. We then had to linger for a couple of hours for the bread to rise. We sat round open fires in the houses, but even though I was covered up well, I couldn't stop shivering, and was aching all over.

Got back to the cottage, and spent the next 4 days in bed shivering, shaking, and being unwell, apart from a trip to an apotek to get some paracetamol (turned out to be pessaries!) and to buy some jenever & fireworks for New Years Eve.

Next year I'm not going to a panto on Boxing day. We blame the one at Worcester - I know that some members of the cast were battling on through a similar bug (the dame looked awful after the show, but Dr Performance kept him OK during it).

Well, 2+ weeks on, I'm still coughing and aching. Possibly 40% better. And another appeal tomorrow to hear. But at least I've lost 8lbs.
Capers