When should we call it a day?

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

yus786

When should we call it a day?

Post by yus786 »

Exam's on 15th Jan.

Been revising since Sep and son is now doing really well.

He knows how to read the questions and more importantly how to answer them. Scores 90+ on all papers we've done.

When should we call it a day? / start taking it easy?
stevew61

Post by stevew61 »

Hi yus,

I would suggest you wind down now and concentrate on your son doing his best on the day. :)

Do some fun sessions, tell him how well he is doing, remind him of exam technique, remind him to keep going and do his best o the day. :)

Good luck.

steve
Bewildered

Post by Bewildered »

Yep, agree with Stevew61, now looks like a great time. Perhaps, only do a couple more between now and the 15th, but otherwise start taking it easy. Relax and play fun games. His scores look great.

Good Luck

:D

BW
coolmum123

Post by coolmum123 »

Hi,

our DS has Indies starting this Friday, we will do a last lot of papers tomorrow and then just go over stuff over the next few days and do nothing Thursday.

I don't see the point of doing papers etc right up until the last minute, if they get a bad score which would more than likely be a fluke it could dent their confidence. Our DS also doing well in the papers up till now.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

coolmum123 wrote:if they get a bad score which would more than likely be a fluke it could dent their confidence.
If that should happen it is one of those moments when the marker should be "economical with the truth". :wink:
yus786

Post by yus786 »

Thanks all.

I think we'll do the last 3 papers today and just working on a few bits he's weak on from tomorrow.

Does anyone know the format of the exam? Like how long they are etc.

I've tried to speak to the school (Bolton School) and they said it's all in the pack they are sending on the 8th.

I think the 3 NFER papers are 50 mins each and then there's the English paper too.

Isn't 4+ hours too much for a 10 year old?
coolmum123

Post by coolmum123 »

Sally-Anne wrote:If that should happen it is one of those moments when the marker should be "economical with the truth". :wink:
LOL!! Yes we do and have employed that technique, when DS did the practice paper before the Bucks exam!! DH marked it and came down amd said 96% (I had to ask whether that was the 'true' score!!

:lol:
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now