School Summary SATS Results

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Nibbles

School Summary SATS Results

Post by Nibbles »

Hi,

I have just got the paperwork for our appeal next week and I am not sure what the significance of the schools SATS results are.

The school results are 68.8% achieved level 4 in English, maths and science and 15.6% achieved level 5

Compared to 76.8% level 4 and 26.1% level 5 in Buckinghamshire as a whole.

Does this work for or against us in the appeal?

Anyone please can you shed any light on this?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Nibbles

It will depend on what the predicted SATs for your daughter are, but if she is predicted at least 2 Level 5s, then those statistics work in your favour - she is achieving despite the school's relatively poor performance.

Sally-Anne

P.S. You may wish to stick to using just one thread for all your posts about your appeal - that way we have a potted history in one place, as do others who may wish to compare your case with their own.
Nibbles

Post by Nibbles »

Hi Sally-Anne,

Sorry, I was thinking new topic, new thread.

Yes, DD is predicted 3 level 5's , buts its swings and roundabouts - SATS good, Headteacher recommendation's bad!!

Looking through the appeal paperwork has made me wonder what is the purpose of the bar graph which shows the overall distribution of test scores, does it have a purpose?

Thanks.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Nibbles

I have just replied to your other other post, but it would be great if we could stick to this thread from now on.

The bar graph proves nothing at all, at least nothing that you need to think about for an Appeal.

There are some very boring debates on the subject on the Bucks forum.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 87&start=0

Sally-Anne
Nibbles

Post by Nibbles »

If its of no use to anyone there does not seem much point in providing it - or have I missed something :?: There is enough information to process as it is without bar graph red herrings. Oh well only one week to go I may just make it with my sanity intact.