Done and Dusted

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Worried_Parent

Done and Dusted

Post by Worried_Parent »

My sons best friend completed his resit, he thought it was hard. I spoke with his parents who use this site, and they didn't think that posts on the type of test in the first round, etc gave anything away. They actually thought that the info was more of a hinderance then a help.

Anyone done the resits and thought the same.? Would be interested to know.
jah

Post by jah »

The 11+ exam is a competition. I think that it is unrealistic to expect parents whose children have already taken the test to give clues. Before the original test, people will have given information about last year's test. After all, their children are no longer in the competition, the questions will have changed etc etc. Certainly if talking about this year's exam, I would do so in deliberately vague terms until I knew that everyone had taken it. This is perfectly fair.

After all, I want my daughter to get a place...
Worried_Parent

Post by Worried_Parent »

Tru,e, but surely the Foundation know that parents talk, as do children from the same school taking the test. Therefore, one would assume that the foundation that sets the test would take this into consideration and make the two tests totally different. Thefore, it wouldn't matter what or how much information is shared.

Maybe I'm assuming too much (?)

Post by Guest »

I think you are wrong! I have been lead to believe that ALL children applying for the same year group take the SAME test.
David_C

Post by David_C »

Surley this can not be the case ?
Pi

Post by Pi »

Hello - are the second round of tests now DONE and DUSTED? if so, any opportunities to discuss what the tests were like and perhaps, without parnoia or personal attacks, we can discuss the two tests and what may have been in them. This may help parents starting out in year 5 in preparation for next year.

Thanks

Pi