10+ Exam- City of London boys

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Bani

10+ Exam- City of London boys

Post by Bani »

Can anyone please advise with regards to the city of London boys 10+ exam next week Monday?

Does anyone else here have their child sitting the same exam? and if your child has previously sat this exam what can we expect - any tips?

I am trying hard not to pass my anxiety over to my son.

Thanks,
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Hi Bani,

Hope your son does well. I'm not sure if you are aware that the intake at 10 is about 24 and a number come from the Temple Church Choristers and the Chapel Royal Choristers. I only say this so as not to get too disheartened if he doesn't get in at 10+ because there are so few places. He'll probably get in at 11+ if he is unsuccessful. I have a few friends whose son sat the 10+ - my DS school feeds there - and they said the Maths was really easy and the English was ok apart from the vocab section.
Bani

Post by Bani »

Hi T.i.p.s.y, thanks for your response - quite an eye opener .

I will now explain this to him in order that he is also prepared for the outcome and that way we are not disappointed later.

What do you mean by DS?
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Darling Son! :)
Bani

Post by Bani »

Of course
:D

Do you know of any similar forum site exist for 13+
T.i.p.s.y

Post by T.i.p.s.y »

Unfortunately I don't as I could really do with some advice on the schools I'm interested in. Send me a pm if you want any advice on specific senior schools. If City of London is your first choice then 11+ has an intake of 72, but fingers crossed for the 10+. :)