Anyone heard from Whitgift or Trinity yet???

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mummyto3

Anyone heard from Whitgift or Trinity yet???

Post by Mummyto3 »

Hi

Has anyone heard from Whitgift/Trinity about their DS 10+/11+ results? A friend's DS had an interview today after doing the 11+. I am now dreading getting an envelope instead of a phonecall :(
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

I wouldn't worry just yet! From our experience they interview over at least 3 weeks. We got a letter inviting my eldest ds to interview, but a phone call last year. I don't know if it's right but my feeling last year was that boys who had entered for scholarships eg. sports, art etc were interviewed fairly early on, presumably as they had to decide who to call back for the relevant days, although I have also felt potential recipients of academic scholarships are interviewed early.
Mummyto3

Post by Mummyto3 »

My friend was told at interview that her DS would be highly recommended for a scholarship, so we thought he had done really well in his exam. I know Trinity will call to arrange an interview, but I am not sure about Whitgift.

Felt positive last week, but am now feeling that maybe he did not do so well. Will wait and see..... :(
Mummyto3

Post by Mummyto3 »

Panic Over. We received a letter today from Whitgift inviting our DS to interview with the Headmaster. To say I am relieved is an understatement!!! :D
Nxx

Post by Nxx »

:D

Well Done!!
A friend's son just had his interview yesterday at Whitgift also with the head...will know around 19 Feb ...he's also applied for a sports schol too, which could be assessed next week...
Well Done Again...I thought I was the only one who panics!!LOL :lol:
Mummyto3

Post by Mummyto3 »

Thank you!!!!

I panic so badly, was sure that he had not passed - even though he had done really well with his work at home and with the tutor (who was so positive about him)!!! I got nervous when I saw the amount of boys who sat the exam and realised how much competition there would be for so many places.
Nxx

Post by Nxx »

All his/your hard works has paid off...plus the panic!

My son didn't sit the 10 plus, although we did um and ar a few times about it. Like yours, he is in Yr5 at the mo...with the first exam in Sept.

All the best for the interview...and most of all, try not to panic! :lol:
surreymum

Post by surreymum »

Glad you heard. Promising that it's with the headmaster.......

Try and relax. I'm sure your son has done well and it makes such a difference that they interview compared to exam only.

I wouldn't try and do any preparation with your son other than priming him how to answer the question "What do you do in your spare time?" To my mother's eternal shame I answered "read comics and play in the street" and my own son last year said he watched telly-he and I assumed football, ballet, cricket, musical instruments etc didn't count as spare time :oops:
Mummyto3

Post by Mummyto3 »

LOL!! That is excellent. Am sure my DS will say playing the DS/Wii!!!! Will enourage him to come up with something more constructive then that :D
Mummyto3

Post by Mummyto3 »

Even more good news.

Trinity called this morning, my DS has his interview next Friday. It's the day after his sports assessment at Whitgift and his interview with them is on the following Monday followed by his Trinity sports assessment, so it will be a busy few days for him. :D
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now