appeal

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bougalou

appeal

Post by Bougalou »

Not great, probably the most gruelling we've had. Felt we were getting clear message that there was no chance. Don't really feel like phoning tomorrow, but at least it will all be over.

Questions related to academic evidence were the toughest , felt that they did not believe the Teachers and Headteacher's predictions, and there was no way we could convince them.

All the best to others who have had to go / will be going through the same process.
Bougalou
Ed's mum

Post by Ed's mum »

Keep your chin up Bouga.
Thinking of you.
All Too Much

Post by All Too Much »

Hi Bouga

When you say 'not looking forward to phoning tomorrow' are you calling County to get your results over the phone? I thought we all had to wait for a letter. Apologies if I got the wrong end of the stick.
All Too Much
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

It ain't over till the fat lady sings Bouga.

You've given it your best shot, until you know the answer there is always hope.

Take heart - things always have a habit of working out.

My thoughts are with you.
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

Yes, we're ringing for the results tomorrow. In N Yorks we have a selection review appeal before the March allocation where a panel decides if there's been a mistake in the selection of in catchment children.
Having spoken to two other sets of parents who went in today, we seem to have been given a much harder time. anyway, too late for regrets now, I will ring tomorrow and then we can all move on.
B
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

are you calling County to get your results over the phone?
Some authorities permit phone calls - but this is made clear in advance.

What sort of people were on the panel, Bouga? As this was a review, the composition could be quite different from an independent appeal.
Etienne
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

Panel comprised of one independent person (an "academic " doctor who had been involved in education) and two lay panel members, one did not ask much but the other was extremely forthright, I don't think he thought much of our arguments and made it clear that he didn't think much of the letters from our daughter's teachers and head teacher. We have since found out that someone else appealing from the same school did not have letters from school, just the form that the HT fills in ( we had that as well) and I'm now wondering whether they thought we'd pressured them into sending them.
bouga
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Sorry you've had such a tough time.

We're all still hoping for the best.
Etienne
Bougalou

Post by Bougalou »

Unsuccessful, as anticipated.
Thank you to all on the forum who have supported me through these difficult times. We will not be appealing again after allocation, it all seems so futile. DD took the 11+ for DD1's independent school today, so we'll just have to hope she passes there.

bougalou
laid back son worried mum

Post by laid back son worried mum »

Sorry to hear that, Bougalou.
Take heart. Thinking of you...and your family.
Love,
LBSWM
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now