12 + answer sheets and tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
InTurmoil

12 + answer sheets and tests

Post by InTurmoil »

Help please!

My DD has been doing really well in her practice tests for the 12+ and scoring highly. I decided last night to go through with her the pathetic pack that county send (Sally-Anne you are so right about how poor this is!) and was surprised to find that the different format really did throw her. We have worked through it and I think the initial panic is over. I just wondered if you can get complete tests just like the 12+ with the different answer sheets? I have trawled around and cannot locate any. Just think it would help her confidence to complete one as she feels the different format will make her slower?

Any help/advice much appreciated.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi IT

I am afraid that you cannot buy anything that resembles the 12+ answer sheet. The market is so small - 200/300 children each year - that it is just not worth anyone publishing for it.

I am sending you a PM.

Sally-Anne
nicaukids

Post by nicaukids »

Hi InT
Sally Anne gave us similar advice :(

Our tutor has managed to set up something on her computer that resembles the example answer sheet. She said first one took absolutely ages, but not too bad now it's done...?
Can't even begin to work out what to do on the computer myself :roll:

Good luck
Dad40

Post by Dad40 »

Let me just see if I've got this right:

In 11+, the actual answers (Orange, Spade, Lemon, etc) are on the answer sheet but in the 12+ the actual answers are on the question sheet.....even though both tests are "multiple choice" and answers have to be written on the multiple choice sheet .....?
Tolstoy

Post by Tolstoy »

This is interesting.

According to DS1 and others one of the VR tests in the Gloucs 11+ was a different format. i.e you had to tick a,b,c,d etc on the ans sheet instead of the actual answers. It slows down children who are used to reading certain questions direct from the ans sheet.

Is this the same type? If so I would be grateful if you could show me an example as I am intending to cobble together my own paper for DS2 who sits his in Nov.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Dad40 wrote:Let me just see if I've got this right:

In 11+, the actual answers (Orange, Spade, Lemon, etc) are on the answer sheet but in the 12+ the actual answers are on the question sheet.....even though both tests are "multiple choice" and answers have to be written on the multiple choice sheet .....?
Nearly there, Dad40 - the child has to draw a pencil line across the letter for the correct answer:
Sally-Anne wrote:The answer paper for the 12+ differs from the answer paper for the 11+. For the 11+ the child has the 5 potential answers on the sheet, and they draw a pencil line across the box next to the correct answer.

For the 12+ the answers are not shown on the answer sheet, merely boxes containing the letter name of the answers. The answers appear as in the following examples:

1. [ A ] [ B ] [ C ] [ D ] [ E ]

2. [ A ] [ B ] [C ] [ X ] [ Y ] [ Z ]

The child must draw a pencil line across the letter name of the correct answer.
Tolstoy, I have sent you a PM.

Sally-Anne