test conditions

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
njg

test conditions

Post by njg »

Hi

Does anyone know of or provide a linking with some guidelines regarding test conditions e.g how the room should be set up etc.

Thanks
njg

Post by njg »

I ask because when DS sat test on his own there was no clock in the room. Subsequently he didn't finish - should i mention this in the appeal?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I have PMd you
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

There have been some previous discussions about this, e.g.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... ight=clock
Etienne
njg

Post by njg »

We went to appeal yesterday and as suggested we mentioned the clock thing in passing but they really took up on it and had a heated discussion with the LA rep about why this isn't considered within the test guidelines. I almost felt sorry for the guy becuase they kept undermining him. They noted that the date DS sat the tests were wrong and that we weren't given any response from the council in regard to defering the test.
They were very sweet and sympathetic and even though it would be a miracle if we got through it felt good just to have our case heard.
Thanks for all the encouragement.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi njg

Well done to you, and I hope that you are successful, despite your feeling that you are unlikely to win.

It sounds as though you have also struck a blow for fairness with your point about the clock. :D

Best wishes
Sally-Anne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now