Susan Daughtrey

Advice on 11 Plus VR papers and problems

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Susan Daughtrey

Post by Guest »

Does any one recommend/ have experience of Susan Daughtredy books for non verbal reasoning exams, which are set internally.
There appears to be two ranges the Bright Sparks and then the Susan Daughtery books. Any advice anyone?

Cheers

Jackie
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Jackie

Do you mean Verbal Reasoning?

What part of the country are you from?

Patricia

Post by Guest »

Oops, yes verbal reasoning.

We are in Surrey.

Jackie
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Jackie

Next question, which school?

Have you seen the section further down the front page of the forum, specifically for Surrey.

I have very strong views re S, Daughtrey therefore cannot comment until I know which 11 plus you want to use them for.

Patricia

Post by Guest »

Hi Patricia,

We were looking at independant schools who set their own papers. I am aware that it is standard format so I thought maybe the Susan Daughtrey books would help. But if you think they are a waste of time please say, or if you know of any better alternatives. I must admit I do feel a bit lost.

Cheers

Jackie :lol:
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Jackie

Which Independent? Is there anything in the independent section of the forum?

Are you sure it is set by the school, some say set by NFER on behalf of the school.

The books 1-7 are only a waste if the school use NFER multiple choice [ in which case Bright Sparks should be used]

Patricia

Post by Guest »

Patricia,

I hear what you are saying. Think I may double check with the schiools.

So just to confirm the Susan Daughtery books 1-7 dont suit externally set papers but may suit those set by the school itself.

Thanks for your prompt replies. :lol:

Jackie
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Jackie

No, I am not saying that!

Daughtrey books 1-7 and Daughtrey Bright Sparks are 2 different entities 1-7 can be used in some areas, Bright Sparks in others....the 2 just do not really go together.

Patricia
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now