Vocabulary Flashcards to Share

Useful tips and ideas for the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
JaysDarlin

Vocabulary Flashcards to Share

Post by JaysDarlin »

Hello all! :D

Just wanted to let you know that I have created flashcards from the NFER vocabulary List and other difficult words we came across when doing practice papers, and they are avialble to share at the following address:

http://www.flashcardexchange.com/tag/11plus

You can also visit their website www.flashcardexchange.com and search under " 11plus " and they should come up.

Signature removed by a Moderator. I have sent you a PM, Patricia
Too much too young

Post by Too much too young »

This looks useful, thanks for sharing your hardwork.
wardie

Post by wardie »

Am I being a donkey cos I can't get this to print without being a full member ????

It looks like a good list and I would like to use flash cards - please help.
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Oh dear - thats awful. And I have a feeling that they are right. I am going to work out a way to get them to you! Bob's on the job!

Bob.
dadofkent

Post by dadofkent »

Just looked at the T's and C's, and although not clear, it seems individuals may be able to register for full membership without paying a fee.

P.S can you include a flashcard with the correct spelling of signature for the benefit of moderators :roll:
patricia

Post by patricia »

dadofkent wrote:
P.S can you include a flashcard with the correct spelling of signature for the benefit of moderators :roll:
Very amusing. My spelling duly amended... :wink:

Patricia
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

If you can email me, (not PM, please, I find it really awkward! :D ) I'll send you a link for a file sharing website from where you should be able to save and print. I'm not sure if it works yet, but I need someone else to try from their computer.... my "cookies" are often misleading. :shock:
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi

The following is a link to the NFER wordlist that was collated by The Tutors as a free download on this site. The wordlist contains all the words in the NFER familiarization tests including words in both the question and answer sections.

There is no need for anyone to subscribe or pay for the document.

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/pdf/11 ... d-list.pdf

If you check out the free downloads section you will also find wordlists submitted by elevenplusexams and Patricia.

Regards

Mike
Mike Edwards is a co-author of The Tutors product range.
JaysDarlin

Post by JaysDarlin »

Hi Mike,

Apologies for trying to re-invent the wheel. I am trying to make the flashcards available free of charge, which I think I have managed.

The only problem with the vocabulary lists is that one doesn't know how to implement them when teaching, as there are so many words, you would have to sit and write each one down on a flashcard.... an extremely long procedure.

Well I did precisely that, and I know exactly how long it took for me to do that, so I was wondering if anyone else could benefit from my hard work, free of charge.

With the flashcards, as they are already made and ready to print on double sided A4, you can print them off and your off and ready to play snap and memory.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Hi Sara

Have you spoken to the elevenplusexams team to get the flashcards included in the free download section of this site? I am sure that they would be in demand and reach the specific 11+ market.

Regards

Mike
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now