Appeal feedback

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
fluffster

Appeal feedback

Post by fluffster »

We had our hearing today; we were both, needless to say, extremely nervous, but the panel did all they could to put us at our ease.

We were asked:

in our opinion, why we thought she hadn't attained the pass mark;

one specific question about our mitigating circumstances (both of these questions from the LA representative);

to explain in one sentence why a grammar would be the right place for our child;

did she do any preparation for the tests;

what is her favourite science topic?

I felt that everything they asked was reasonable, and although we (more me, I think!) seemed to waffle a bit, I felt they were very good at extracting the information they needed. They had obviously read our evidence thoroughly and were pleased to see we had brought school books.

It is impossible to tell which way their decision will go, but at least we will know soon.

By the way, we were in the Civic Centre, in case anyone is still worried about passing through its doors!
stressed mum

Post by stressed mum »

Hi Flufster
So glad to hear it went well and that the questions were not too off the wall.
It is so helpful to hear how all the appeals went, so thank you for posting yours.
I have mine tomorrow so I have another day to fester before I can get this over with.
Good luck with the results
SM
totpotpink

Post by totpotpink »

Thanks Fluffster for the feedback - it's all invaluable for those of us who are still playing the waiting game - hope you get a good result :)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now